IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 hours ago, winnie said:

Yes, i do work and it was a pita having to isolate but i can work from home for short periods of time. I wasn't happy with the previous rules, but i am happy with the new 1 day of isolation rule.

Wtf are you on about 'I can isolate as I an retired, but I am not totally selfish' - you talk in riddles!!

Lucky you. I have been travelling off island, multiple times a month, all the time I have lived there. Work and family responsibilities don't just go away because there's a bug about. And nobody pays me if I don't work............

Because of that I haven't been home since February 2020 - and it wasn't planned like that. I am very much looking forward to getting the majority of my clothes back!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

You quoting a European white list in connection with the common travel area is extremely childish & obtuse in the extreme as not connected in any way !

Except thanks to putting India on the Red List two weeks late the Indian Variant now has a foothold in the UK.

Just used the EU decision as an illustrative example of the effect this failure has had on how holiday destinations now view the UK. You know, for the hard of thinking....

If Guernsey don't care well, good luck them. But they have previous. Test and release on entry eventually bit them in the arse.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Except thanks to putting India on the Red List two weeks late the Indian Variant now has a foothold in the UK.

Just used the EU decision as an illustrative example of the effect this failure has had on how holiday destinations now view the UK. You know, for the hard of thinking....

If Guernsey don't care well, good luck them. But they have previous. Test and release on entry eventually bit them in the arse.

Just so you know as you can’t seem to read any positive news Spain have announced today that UK residents can visit from Monday with no COVID tests & no proof of vaccinations so shove your Indian variants up your A***, Greece, Portugal, Iceland  & Italy already accepting British 

Edited by Banker
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

But no vaccines were being sunk into people's arms at that point. Absolutely different story now.

The Brazilian and S. African variants have all but fizzled out. So will the Indian and any others that come long.

You're getting as bad as the media blowing stuff up out of all proportion. Look at the bigger picture.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just so you know as you can’t seem to read any positive news Spain have announced today that UK residents can visit from Monday with no COVID tests & no proof of vaccinations so shove your Indian variants up your A***, Greece, Portugal, Iceland  & Italy already accepting British 

And you can stuff quarantine on your return from an "amber" country up your A*** ill-informed clown.

Good luck with that one...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But no vaccines were being sunk into people's arms at that point. Absolutely different story now.

The Brazilian and S. African variants have all but fizzled out. So will the Indian and any others that come long.

You're getting as bad as the media blowing stuff up out of all proportion. Look at the bigger picture.

Just telling it like it is.

The Indian Variant is "surging" in places like Notlob and eg EU countries are responding accordingly.

That's not my fault by the way.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

And you can stuff quarantine on your return from an "amber" country up your A*** ill-informed clown.

Good luck with that one...

Portugal & Iceland are green & others will be on the list soon, you Ill informed clown so you’re scaremongering about white lists is just bollocks as the individual countries decide their own immigration rules!!! EU are not responding in any way at all

Member state governments were further advised that they should decide on a case-by-case basis whether to act in line with that recommendation, and powers over borders remain with the national governments.

Edited by Banker

Getting a bit childish and bikkery for 18:30

I know it is Friday but seriously 🤣

I am still off work.  Drinking since lunch and looking  forward to a trip off island in a few days.

I will likely be dead this time next week - obviously 

• Like 1

Just now, Banker said:

Portugal & Iceland are green & others will be on the list soon, you I’ll informed clown so you’re scaremongering about white lists is just bollocks as the individual countries decide their own immigration rules!!!

As does the UK with quarantine on return from Greece, Spain, Italy etc etc which you clearly didn't realise.

Hopefully, despite Bozo's stupid decisions, things will carry on improving as we would love to get to Italy this year.

But we all have to be realistic. Even you...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Getting a bit childish and bikkery for 18:30

I know it is Friday but seriously 🤣

I am still off work.  Drinking since lunch and looking  forward to a trip off island in a few days.

I will likely be dead this time next week - obviously 

Well done, PK is just a troll & if you listen to him you’d probably throw yourself off a cliff in case you see an Indian variant 😂

• Haha 2

The big takeaway from the report for me is that there needs to be a proper emergency response plan in place for government, not just for covid but for any emergency.  One that triggers a series of cross departmental actions with an oversight team.  Of course, the make up will be dictated by the nature of the emergency, but there would be some core expertise, health, logistics, legal, say,  supplemented by those with expertise or relevance in the type of emergency. 

It is easy now to look back and say that was what was needed, but I think the issues have arisen from trying to shoehorn in emergency response into existing structures, rather than say this is the team that needs to mobilise now and it needs to sit outside of the routine government structure.  

To be fair to everyone involved, there will be very few, if any, with the kind of mindset or background to switch on to a military style response.  And emergencies need the military kind of approach, they are trained in logistics, emergency management, and risk and security assessment.  I am not talking about calling in the army, but getting some military logistical input to a plan to roll out in cases of national emergency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

To be fair to everyone involved, there will be very few, if any, with the kind of mindset or background to switch on to a military style response.  And emergencies need the military kind of approach, they are trained in logistics, emergency management, and risk and security assessment.  I am not talking about calling in the army, but getting some military logistical input to a plan to roll out in cases of national emergency. 

We have the man all ready, suited and booted waiting for the call ! Never fear Juan's here 

IMG_1283.JPG

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3