IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Maybe she’s the only one with the gumption to speak out? The rest are all battered, bruised and firmly put in their places. 

I suspect the reason why she's been allowed to air her views (literally) unlike others is because she's been given the courtesy by a fellow journalist here.  We have to make do with the Mannin Line.

The fact that she's only been here 6 weeks is somewhat irksome too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How amusing.

MF posters taking a pop at someone being critical of IOMG.

You just couldn't make it up....

You could, you just need an imagination, then you can make anything up. 

Anyway, some of us are critical of her for suggesting that the Govt have integrity and have handled the COVID crisis well. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

There most certainly is - I was on it yesterday. Car decks were rammed! Plenty people leaving.

School holidays, will be more rammed this weekend by people going to UK to see friends etc

Meanwhile Ashie announcement that no level 2 , no briefing to allow questions 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/move-to-border-level-2-delayed-by-indian-variant/

13 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I suspect the reason why she's been allowed to air her views (literally) unlike others is because she's been given the courtesy by a fellow journalist here.  We have to make do with the Mannin Line.

The fact that she's only been here 6 weeks is somewhat irksome too.

I think it is rather simple. She rang them and pitched a story in a way that would make for an interesting 5 minutes of radio and perhaps provoke debate. Seems about right. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Declan said:

You could, you just need an imagination, then you can make anything up. 

Anyway, some of us are critical of her for suggesting that the Govt have integrity and have handled the COVID crisis well. 

Yes, I read the comments.

Compared to some they have handled it ok. Bolsonaro, Bozo, Trump etc have all been completely shit.

However she clearly needs to be on island a bit longer for the integrity bit to be replaced by the reality of self-centred parish pump so-called politics...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Compared to some they have handled it ok. Bolsonaro, Bozo, Trump etc have all been completely shit.

That's a pretty low bar. And most of their success is due to the Irish Sea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

School holidays, will be more rammed this weekend by people going to UK to see friends etc

Meanwhile Ashie announcement that no level 2 , no briefing to allow questions 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/move-to-border-level-2-delayed-by-indian-variant/

But lots on here have rubbished the cautions being put out by PHE, Sage, various MSM's, politicos etc about what a devious little so-and-so the Indian variant is.

Surely they're right and all of the above have got it wrong...?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Declan said:

That's a pretty low bar. And most of their success is due to the Irish Sea. 

Wrong!

That's a very low bar but they still got beneath it....

Of course being a small island made for simple decisions. 

However, despite many folks expecting perfection, mistakes were made. But then IOMG, IOMSPCo etc are run by people and as we all know people fuck-up.

Some more than others....

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

But lots on here have rubbished the cautions being put out by PHE, Sage, various MSM's, politicos etc about what a devious little so-and-so the Indian variant is.

Surely they're right and all of the above have got it wrong...?

A very senior relative of mine caught a bad cold a couple of weeks ago. Should I have got her to call 111 to determine which cold variant it was?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

A very senior relative of mine caught a bad cold a couple of weeks ago. Should I have got her to call 111 to determine which cold variant it was?

We are in a time where you make your own decisions around what level of risk you take.

Unless, of course, your elected politicos like Mr Ashford make some decisions for you like he has just done on not moving to Level Two.

But then that's why folks voted him into Office - to make decisions on their behalf...

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Unless, of course, your elected politicos like Mr Ashford make some decisions for you like he has just done on not moving to Level Two.

But then that's why folks voted him into Office - to make decisions on their behalf...

And that’s why some are not standing as they would be voted out & others in Comin will stand & hopefully voted out as well!

32 minutes ago, P.K. said:

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

That's a pretty low bar. 

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Wrong!

That's a very low bar but they still got beneath it....

There's no point continuing a discussion with someone who disagrees with his own post of 20 minutes before. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

We are in a time where you make your own decisions around what level of risk you take.

You're going round in circles old chap.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

There's no point continuing a discussion with someone who disagrees with his own post of 20 minutes before. 

Don't be silly. Just demonstrating how fair and balanced I am.

I named some who handled it badly.

The following post was simply to what degree of uselessness I believe they managed.

Edited by P.K.
Typo
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

You're going round in circles old chap.

Not at all.

Not moving to Level 2 does not really have an impact on us. Islanders currently have no barriers to travel to and fro except for the inconvenience of a test and 48 hours at home on return.

However we will not be holidaying in Notlob anytime soon. Far too risky for us.

But hey, you go right ahead....