IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Anyone actually done a test on return since they started the new isolation rules?

Any ideas what the wait is like from docking to actually getting a test and a result?

Only open 9-12 as far as I know, so need to book for following day , get results about 11pm so basically enforcement of 48hours isolation 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only open 9-12 as far as I know, so need to book for following day , get results about 11pm so basically enforcement of 48hours isolation 

Handy.

Dock in the middle of the night/early morning. Drive home, then have to drive back to test place.

Genius for people who don't have cars and live in Port Erin for example.

Why on earth not just test people at sea terminal when they actually get of the boat, could have results back same day.

Cretins

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Anyone actually done a test on return since they started the new isolation rules?

Any ideas what the wait is like from docking to actually getting a test and a result?

Yes. I came over on the monday boat. You need to have completed the landing card to get the reference number in the system that allows booking (by phone) of the test(s). Tests are only done at the Grandstand, in the mornings, between the hours of 9 and 12. I was able to get a booking for tuesday morning. The results took a full 24 hours to come back.

Not sure how it will all work when there are more people travelling. Monday was very quiet.........

2 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

Yes. I came over on the monday boat. You need to have completed the landing card to get the reference number in the system that allows booking (by phone) of the test(s). Tests are only done at the Grandstand, in the mornings, between the hours of 9 and 12. I was able to get a booking for tuesday morning. The results took a full 24 hours to come back.

Not sure how it will all work when there are more people travelling. Monday was very quiet.........

Thanks.

There were over a hundred cars on our crossing midweek, so would imagine there will be loads more in and out over the weekend.

Chances are they have made zero provision for the increase in demand and will be surprised when they cant cope.

Yes, I returned on the thursday boat.........the vehicle deck was stuffed. Cabins still pleasantly uncongested. At the end of next week they seem to be going to two daily sailings...........add the doubling of pax to those getting day 6 tests and the whole edifice may come tumbling down. Any idea how many tests they can complete in a day?

Moving the tent down to the ferry car park and swabbing everyone as they exit the ferry would save a lot of unnecessary journeys and speed the whole thing up. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, trmpton said:

We were on Thursday boat and seemed to be a few on then (including a coach full of kids). Booked test on Wednesday evening for mid-morning Friday and had result by Friday evening

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

You can book your test before you travel back, a number has previously been provided ( +44 1624 822111 ) so that you can contact the IOM 111 service from the UK.

So, your flight lands at 10, your test is booked for 1130, you'll have your result that evening or early next morning. With proper planning on your own part, you can be out from iso between 12 and 24 hrs.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Handy.

Dock in the middle of the night/early morning. Drive home, then have to drive back to test place.

Genius for people who don't have cars and live in Port Erin for example.

Why on earth not just test people at sea terminal when they actually get of the boat, could have results back same day.

Cretins

You are labouring under the misapprehension that such services are designed for the convenience of the public, rather than the public servants.

There are some folk on big wages at the top of all this. They need to start earning them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1