IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

You can book your test before you travel back, a number has previously been provided ( +44 1624 822111 ) so that you can contact the IOM 111 service from the UK.

So, your flight lands at 10, your test is booked for 1130, you'll have your result that evening or early next morning. With proper planning on your own part, you can be out from iso between 12 and 24 hrs.

I know how it is supposed to work, I was asking if anyone knew if they have actually got the capacity.

You book the test online the day before you travel.

We get in at 6am so will either sit in the car for hours until they bother to open the testing place or drive home for an hour then back again.  Both of those would be a right Ballachulish if we didn't have the car.

Why do I need to book a test? Why isn't the centre just open when needed for people to head to on arrival?  They only have to look at how many are booked on and how many they did the six days before to work out demand and staffing levels.

It is a stupid convoluted system which i guess will fall apart early next week, and has no thought for the elderly, disabled, or those without cars.

Wtf is foot passenger or airport arrival with no car who lives in bride meant to do other than pay £30 for a service that is total pants?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

You can book your test before you travel back, a number has previously been provided ( +44 1624 822111 ) so that you can contact the IOM 111 service from the UK.

So, your flight lands at 10, your test is booked for 1130, you'll have your result that evening or early next morning. With proper planning on your own part, you can be out from iso between 12 and 24 hrs.

Explain free in 12 to 24 hours to me if my flight lands at 11:30, or if in your example you flight is delayed a couple of hours?

Now do the same for someone who doesn't drive and lives in Port Erin

Edited by trmpton

13 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Explain free in 12 to 24 hours to me if my flight lands at 11:30, or if in your example you flight is delayed a couple of hours?

Now do the same for someone who doesn't drive and lives in Port Erin

I said if your flight lands at 10...and if you plan for that to be the case.

• Like 1

Surely the point is that the SPCo and the air carriers letting the DHSC know in advance the number of pax and their ages that they are landing at a certain time clearly requires joined-up thinking.

Now consider "IOMG" and "joined-up thinking" for a moment.

Do you know what the term "hollow laughter" means?

Well, you do now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I said if your flight lands at 10...and if you plan for that to be the case.

So for the vast majority of people it isn't a system that works easily.

100 percent they should have testing at points of entry everytime people come in.

Absolutely no excuse not to

• Like 1

Just now, trmpton said:

So for the vast majority of people it isn't a system that works easily.

100 percent they should have testing at points of entry everytime people come in.

Absolutely no excuse not to

I agree with you. It's far from ideal. My own view is that there should be an investment in testing capability at the point of entry. That would make it convenient for us all and give a lot more control over the process to IOMG.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I agree with you. It's far from ideal. My own view is that there should be an investment in testing capability at the point of entry. That would make it convenient for us all and give a lot more control over the process to IOMG.

And in typical iomg covid response style the could have planned aid investment and had everything ready to go prior to any increase in demand.

What will happen is it will be overwhelmed.  People will be inconvenienced and left with a negative impression of the island, and then they will realise they need to do something.

A lot of things around this nightmare couldn't ever have been planned for.  We should at least be getting the blindingly obvious ones right (see 111 booking vaccines, having hubs ready in time etc etc)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

There’s plenty spare cubicles at the airport. Issue is timing of arrivals, they’re scattered all over the day. Ferry it’s 16.15 until the Ben is back. Plenty space in Sea Terminal. Or extend test centre opening hours 06.30 to 19.30

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

What's the protocol for returning family? My family are going across next week, can I stay in the house with them when they get back or do I have to go somewhere else until they've had their negative tests?

They can stay with you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

What's the protocol for returning family? My family are going across next week, can I stay in the house with them when they get back or do I have to go somewhere else until they've had their negative tests?

You can stay

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I know how it is supposed to work, I was asking if anyone knew if they have actually got the capacity.

We get in at 6am so will either sit in the car for hours until they bother to open the testing place or drive home for an hour then back again.  Both of those would be a right Ballachulish if we didn't have the car.

Why do I need to book a test? Why isn't the centre just open when needed for people to head to on arrival?  They only have to look at how many are booked on and how many they did the six days before to work out demand and staffing levels.

It is a stupid convoluted system which i guess will fall apart early next week, and has no thought for the elderly, disabled, or those without cars.

Wtf is foot passenger or airport arrival with no car who lives in bride meant to do other than pay £30 for a service that is total pants?

We'll, the system has been in place and worked well for 15 months. Heysham has very few foot passengers so those arrivals are likely to be in a car. If you arrive by air, you are more than likely mobile and can make arrangements to get to the test centre. The reason you have to book an appointment is so they can track you, ensure you go for your test. It is all in your best interest. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, trmpton said:

And in typical iomg covid response style the could have planned aid investment and had everything ready to go prior to any increase in demand.

What will happen is it will be overwhelmed.  People will be inconvenienced and left with a negative impression of the island, and then they will realise they need to do something.

A lot of things around this nightmare couldn't ever have been planned for.  We should at least be getting the blindingly obvious ones right (see 111 booking vaccines, having hubs ready in time etc etc)

The system is not designed to be convenient because they want to deter people from traveling.

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

The system is not designed to be convenient because they want to deter people from traveling.

Because they are idiots.

Jerseys hotels are full, ours are closed and losing money hand over fist.

Bank Holiday weekend in the UK and the roads are crammed with cars with roof boxes etc. People are desperate for a break and holiday.

The rest of Britain are moving on and we are being stupidly overly cautious at the expense of the economy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

No night boat for nearly a week, whats the point of worrying, could have all changed by then