IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

33 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

No night boat for nearly a week, whats the point of worrying, could have all changed by then

Well, we are booked on one and hoping to be at work on Thursday, so personally I don't think wanting to know if that is doable or not on Saturday is that unreasonable.

People have lives to plan.  Only announcing no move to level 2 yesterday has already meant some people who had planned to come back with us can't, it really isn't good enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

I agree with you. It's far from ideal. My own view is that there should be an investment in testing capability at the point of entry. That would make it convenient for us all and give a lot more control over the process to IOMG.

Investment? It's a drive-thru tent!

18 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Having swabbing teams in place for all arrivals at the airport and sea terminal will come at significant cost - that's the investment I'm talking about.

It wont come cheap and it wont speed up the process either. They will still only run batches of tests at the lab anyway so you'd still have to isolate till you get yor results. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It wont come cheap and it wont speed up the process either. They will still only run batches of tests at the lab anyway so you'd still have to isolate till you get yor results. 

Yes - but you won't have to wait until the next day to get your test done if you arrive on the Island in anything other than the first wave of flights. Potentially that can save you 24 hours, plus it will mean that hundreds of people don't have to travel across the island to the grandstand to get tested.

Put the test fee up by £10 - that'll cover it and suit almost everyone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Yes - but you won't have to wait until the next day to get your test done if you arrive on the Island in anything other than the first wave of flights. Potentially that can save you 24 hours, plus it will mean that hundreds of people don't have to travel across the island to the grandstand to get tested.

Put testing in at ports of entry, who would think of that?? Oh Jersey & Guernsey did & installed last year!!

30 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Well I guess when you put it that way. Maybe they could compromise. Have one at sea terminal and one at airport. If flight is late then tough you have to wait a day. 

There will be a maximum late time I imagine, in order to get tests on in time for next day result. 

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well I guess when you put it that way. Maybe they could compromise. Have one at sea terminal and one at airport. If flight is late then tough you have to wait a day. 

There will be a maximum late time I imagine, in order to get tests on in time for next day result. 

Let it be known for which arrivals there will be testing available upon entry and the jobs a goodun. Thinking outside of the box doesn't appear to be one of IOMG's strengths.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jersey expecting a busy weekend, imagine our ports & testing facilities coping with 8000 arrivals over 3 days 😂

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/8000-bank-holiday-airport-passengers-expected/

Probably a similar number to what we would expect in the weekend and first few days of practice week.

I remain to be astounded that there isn't more uproar about this.  Especially from MHKs and those in the tourist industry, COC etc.

Doubt our airport has had 8000 come in in a weekend for years

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

Doubt our airport has had 8000 come in in a weekend for years

Oh, I'm not so sure. Ann Reynolds promised we'd get 28,846 every week not too long ago...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, trmpton said:

Because they are idiots.

Jerseys hotels are full, ours are closed and losing money hand over fist.

Bank Holiday weekend in the UK and the roads are crammed with cars with roof boxes etc. People are desperate for a break and holiday.

The rest of Britain are moving on and we are being stupidly overly cautious at the expense of the economy 

No they are not. Stop it! A few thousand people, mainly family and friends visiting Jersey for the weekend does not save their tourism industry. I am not defending the pathetic way our government is acting right now. Quite the opposite, but the C.I.s are desperate for tourists. We are not. 

Our biggest problem is our lord and masters have decided that the virus is having a holiday and sonare taking two weeks off, when in reality, the uk is about to enter wave four a bit early (not expectated until winter / spring next year). However, the worst and therefore seed areas are Northwest where the boat goes , and Hounslow where Heathrow is. 

Think about it. Lockdown 4 in August? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1