IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's just sheer incompetence. They can't organise a piss up in a brewery. For something of critical national importance they should be burning the midnight oil to bring forward second doses. 

Critical national importance you say? Lol

Given there is little to no covid here whatsoever where is the critical urgency?

Usual panicky shite.

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Critical national importance you say? Lol

Given there is little to no covid here whatsoever where is the critical urgency?

Usual panicky shite.

When the borders open up 28/06 there will be a lot of over 50s with only one jab & plenty just had their second jab. Likely to be more cases once we reopen.

The rest of UK & CI are working flat out to fully vaccinated over50s but we’re taking the opposite approach but suppose Ashie knows best😂

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

When the borders open up 28/06 there will be a lot of over 50s with only one jab & plenty just had their second jab. Likely to be more cases once we reopen.

The rest of UK & CI are working flat out to fully vaccinated over50s but we’re taking the opposite approach but suppose Ashie knows best😂

Being over 50 doesn't make you overly vulnerable.  The truly vulnerable (which is what matters in a vaccine context) will be done twice.  The reality is that from a risk perspective the approach being taken makes no material difference to what you say about Jersey (obsession) and the UK ( lol at holding them up as an example).

You'll be moaning next that really fat 30 year olds haven't been done.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

You’re still being hysterical.

Yes, I changed my view about vaccination interval when it was falsely reported by Government that IOM had 10,000 more vaccine doses than we actually had. And I’m annoyed about the 2 week hiatus, which could have been avoided with forethought 10 weeks ago.

So you are now sat firmly on the fence. One foot either side. You have changed your mind but still annoyed...

Would you like to clarify your stance.

Do you think it's ok to have 2 weeks off but just be annoyed?

Or is it you just like an arguement for the sake of it.

Edited by Happier diner

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So you are now sat firmly on the fence. One foot either side. You have changed your mind but still annoyed...

No one has any valid reason to be annoyed with the vaccination programme.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No, I’m not fence sitting. My stance is clear. No there shouldn’t be an hiatus of two weeks. What can I be other than annoyed.

The only one arguing for the sake of arguing is you. You become more hysterical post by post.

My position remains, Indian variant, or any other, that we have got further than 95% of the rest of the world. UK has done well. I think you’re over reacting about what might happen post end June.

The way we made advance appointments was efficient when chosen. It meant certainty and was probably less labour intensive. But, yes, it’s inflexible. 

But the next two weeks should be being used the next to pump more first jabs and catch up anyone who has been missed out.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, I’m not fence sitting. My stance is clear. No there shouldn’t be an hiatus of two weeks. What can I be other than annoyed.

The only one arguing for the sake of arguing is you. You become more hysterical post by post.

What makes you think I am hysterical?

Your stance is very unclear.

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

There may be another wave. The test is whether it continues to kill people. If it doesn't, we should be permitted to just get on with life

Yes I agree. The chance though of it killing you or not is proportional to your age, your health and whether you are vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

What makes you think I am hysterical?

Your stance is very unclear.

The words you use, the obsession, the irrationality, the persistence.

My stance is crystal clear. We shouldn’t be having a fortnight off. There isn’t really a need to bring forward the 50+. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

The words you use, the obsession, the irrationality, the persistence.

My stance is crystal clear. We shouldn’t be having a fortnight off. There isn’t really a need to bring forward the 50+. 

Ah. Understood.

We shall see. Like I say, I genuinely hope you turn out to be right.