IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's a really good analysis and explains a lot to me.

Seems UK have managed to hit the bullseye more time than us and they are reaping the benefit now. The very low hospitalisation and death rates are very encouraging. We have taken a slight different plan (different to UK and CIs). We seem to have hit more yellow. You could say we have taken the UK 'get the one shots in' to level that exceeds the UKs. Something that was widely criticised on here at the time.

In my view that exposes us to unnecessary risk. Risk bring chance, uncertainty and probabilities. Of course we might get lucky and our plan might be even more successful. Time will tell and let's hope

Jersey have done over 50% fully vaccinated but just getting into first dose for 20-30 age so prioritizing over 50s and vulnerable.

Interesting they had 10000 tests over weekend & no positive cases.

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/60000-have-received-first-vaccine-dose/

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So my stepdaughter is meant to be coming to us on Friday evening.  

Because the testing place isn't open normal hours and because they can't actually tell me how long it takes to get results back we might still be isolating.

She lives with us and her dad so will be going back there Sunday evening.

Can she come to us Friday night as planned even if we haven't got our results back or do we have to contact him and cause a whole load of grief plus upset for my wife's daughter by telling her she can't come because this poxy island can't actually test people on arrival?

Why wouldn't she be able to come to you on Friday regardless of results you may or may not have had?   People can reside in the same house whether they have travelled or not.  Nothing stopping her arriving.  Sounds like moaning for the sake of it.

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only between 9-12 and only at the airport, hardly convenient for majority of arrivals unless you live in Douglas, drive & arrive on morning flights. The Channel Islands planned ahead and have testing at all points of entry open all day . They also intend to keep them in place.

I thought it was only grandstand

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Jersey have done over 50% fully vaccinated but just getting into first dose for 20-30 age so prioritizing over 50s and vulnerable.

Interesting they had 10000 tests over weekend & no positive cases.

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/60000-have-received-first-vaccine-dose/

10k tests done at point of entry.

No positives because the chances of picking it up in the UK now are miniscule.

That is 10k people boosting their economy and liable to visit again or move there.

Meanwhile, on Craggy Island returning residents who have had to wait over a year to go away and complete some life administration have to spend hours on the phone to book a test (despite the woman at the sea terminal on the way out saying they could book them online and that there would be a link in the email with their direction notice) and cant get a test until at the earliest 16 hours after they arrive on island with no indication of how long the results will take as "it depends how busy they are"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Why wouldn't she be able to come to you on Friday regardless of results you may or may not have had?   People can reside in the same house whether they have travelled or not.  Nothing stopping her arriving.  Sounds like moaning for the sake of it.

111 say different.

I will ask them again if/when we finally get through to book the stupid tests.  Phoned 4 minutes after they opened this morning and still on hold.  Thats 50 minutes so far.

Is that acceptable in your world? To book a test?

11 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Get as many people as possible with vaccines in their arms (not by having a vaccine holiday).

Then go balls to the wall on June 28th and fully re-open with no excuses.

But as I pointed out with my previous post they have been doing exactly what you have been demanding - the the extent that the Island has delivered more doses per head of population and vaccinated with one jab a very high percentage (92%).  That has been at the expense of second vaccinations, but you can't use the same dose twice.

It's quite clear that there is a problem with supply at the moment - the stock hasn't been added to for a week and so has dropped by the 4,000 or so given last week.  There currently isn't even enough to cover the two weeks due when they restart, so hopefully some will be delivered in the next week and a half.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, trmpton said:

111 say different.

I will ask them again if/when we finally get through to book the stupid tests.  Phoned 4 minutes after they opened this morning and still on hold.  Thats 50 minutes so far.

Is that acceptable in your world? To book a test?

Is that the same 111 who some people were demanding should immediately re-book 32,000 vaccine appointments?  As they obviously had nothing else to do. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Is that the same 111 who some people were demanding should immediately re-book 32,000 vaccine appointments?  As they obviously had nothing else to do. 

You shouldn't need 111 to rebook appointments for those who have Internet access.

Same as you shouldn't need 111 to book a covid test.  That is the whole point.

Still trying incidentally having been on hold then cut off twice since 8:04

Do people really think that is acceptable when calling from off island?  Why do I need to book at all? Why not just drive off the boat and head up there with RR number (assuming the place was open, which it won't be)

Are people really telling me this is acceptable and we should just suck it up as part of having to deal with a deceased relatives property and another for one who was moved to a nursing home 6 and 4 months ago respectively?

Really?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Are people really telling me this is acceptable and we should just suck it up as part of having to deal with a deceased relatives property and another for one who was moved to a nursing home 6 and 4 months ago respectively?

Airlines manage to reschedule people with little to no hassle..  why it that beyond the gift of the government?

You're right, it's unacceptable but we seem to have a growing tolerance of mediocrity and poor customer service from the public sector. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The point is we should have put testing on arrival points in at ports , the same as our friends in Channel Islands did & arrivals wouldn’t need to ring 111 & why is there no online booking system.

The only reason we didn’t put testing on arrival in place was cost & this may come back to bite us on the arse if we need to reintroduce testing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Was meant to have arrived home about an hour and a half ago in the hope of going through the convoluted testing procedure this morning and being in work tomorrow.

Overnight boat cancelled so now get home this afternoon, after the testing place (which isn't at the port) has closed.

So can't get a test until tomorrow.

Had to phone 111 from off island, while roaming to ask some questions that weren't on the website and was on hold for 94 minutes, whilst roaming .

What is the point of shortened isolation if they can't put the very simple things in place to make it work.

I can get a test here in the UK this morning and bring the result with me but that doesn't count.  Surely that would be better than getting on the ferry, sharing that space with people on the way home, driving to our test centre, and then testing positive without having known before?

When you phoned your trials and tribulations through to your MHK what did they say they would do about it?

Because as we all know if you do nothing then the only thing that changes is that it will get worse.

Absolutely guaranteed....

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But as I pointed out with my previous post they have been doing exactly what you have been demanding - the the extent that the Island has delivered more doses per head of population and vaccinated with one jab a very high percentage (92%).  That has been at the expense of second vaccinations, but you can't use the same dose twice.

It's quite clear that there is a problem with supply at the moment - the stock hasn't been added to for a week and so has dropped by the 4,000 or so given last week.  There currently isn't even enough to cover the two weeks due when they restart, so hopefully some will be delivered in the next week and a half.

Yes that's true. If you believe the dashboard. I don't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1