IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the link to booking a test when returning from the UK?

I was told there is now an online booking system?

All I've found is this with no link:

Self-isolation for travellers (gov.im)

There isn't one.

They tell you there is when you get on the boat, but there isn't.

The whole thing is a total screw up bit the government lovers on here see it as acceptable. 

It isn't  its an absolute disgrace 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/current-travel-restrictions/

"Once you have completed your landing form you will receive an email with a unique reference number and a link to pre-book your COVID-19 test. Alternatively you will be able to book by calling the 111 team (8am-8pm 7 days a week), or if dialling from off Island or using a UK mobile please call +44 1624 822111."

Reads pretty clear to me that there should be a link to book online

Doesn't work

They can't do it online yet.

Probably didn't have enough notice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trmpton said:

There isn't one.

They tell you there is when you get on the boat, but there isn't.

The whole thing is a total screw up bit the government lovers on here see it as acceptable. 

It isn't  its an absolute disgrace 

You are correct.

However, like with the Census, you couldn’t truly believe that the GTS is truly competent and can achieve something, to time, to budget and it actually works. Comical, and we class ourselves as a technology centre of excellence. Joke!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

I would ignore dogs db as he’s obviously one of the government shillings supporting every fuck up they make & slagging off jurisdictions which have better systems!!

Lol.  

There's far too much whining (and lying actually).

It's simply a little bit of organisation for travellers.  And I dont quite get Trmptons mass panic about getting tested 2 minutes after arriving back.

I know someone who's just arrived back.  No grumbling.  Booked a test.  Did it and is now out and about.  All within about 36 hours.   Didnt seem like the end of the world.

In 4 weeks time there will be no testing.  4 weeks.  In that time you'll have a few tossers moaning.  Most people have no issue with the current position.

• Confused 3

55 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You are correct.

However, like with the Census, you couldn’t truly believe that the GTS is truly competent and can achieve something, to time, to budget and it actually works. Comical, and we class ourselves as a technology centre of excellence. Joke!

Yet  you're still here.  Hating everything about the place.  Odd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Yet  you're still here.  Hating everything about the place.  Odd.

Unfortunately I’m stuck here, commitments etc. Given the opportunity I’ll bugger off, with my money as well. You won’t miss me, but will my investment in the local economy and my money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Unfortunately I’m stuck here, commitments etc. Given the opportunity I’ll bugger off, with my money as well. You won’t miss me, but will my investment in the local economy and my money. 

I seriously doubt that.  

If you really hate it as much as you portray (and it does come across badly) then you'd find a way to leave.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If it wasn't for my etc,what not and other stuff,the local money would fly me in economy to Guernsey to check out a diving board to enhance my agoraphobia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

This is the most knobheaded post I've seen on here in ages.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Have you? 

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Lol.  

There's far too much whining (and lying actually).

It's simply a little bit of organisation for travellers.  And I dont quite get Trmptons mass panic about getting tested 2 minutes after arriving back.

I know someone who's just arrived back.  No grumbling.  Booked a test.  Did it and is now out and about.  All within about 36 hours.   Didnt seem like the end of the world.

In 4 weeks time there will be no testing.  4 weeks.  In that time you'll have a few tossers moaning.  Most people have no issue with the current position.

That'll be no then!

• Haha 2