IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

A couple of observations now home.

The bar on the boat is closed - this is bad

The shop on the boat doesn't sell magazines or papers, because COVID - this is bad.

The way you have to book and wait for a test is rubbish - this is bad

Wifi on the boat is now free and works - this is good.

Robinson have adverts on the boat for their online store and will deliver stuff to your house for while you are stuck home and cant stop for milk etc- this is good.

Robinsons don't seel beer - this is bad, very bad indeed.

Robinsons don't sell wine - this is very, very bad.

Robinsons don't sell gin - I feel a letter to my MHK coming on

you might have found the wifi on the boat good for posting on manxforums, but for anything useful - when i was on the boat in April - it was abysmal

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Turning the announcement of the first death into some sort of gameshow.

That was unbelievable. And to drag the LG in on it too. 

I see they have stopped that now for ( ?) routine deaths. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Lots of interesting comments. Hindsight is 2020 vision! 

The role of planning and strategy in Govt is foresight. Or should be.

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

A full independent public enquiry is required, we cannot leave it up to the AG to appoint his mate again(and promote him)

I am sure Ros Ransford the medical director at the time could probably clear that up, if she is allowed that is.

8 minutes ago, Apple said:

I am sure Ros Ransford the medical director at the time could probably clear that up, if she is allowed that is.

So you mean Ranson?  Is she no longer med dir?

As for no handbook, the SP inquiry showed how lacking in a coherent plan we were.  A core emergency response plan does not have to be specific, but set down certain mechanisms to trigger in the event of an emergency.  This was pointed out in that debate.  But there was no plan despite there being numerous threats even from the 80s - cold war, terrorism, cyber attack, and of course pandemics after the SARS dry run a few years ago.

Either the plan wasn't activated or it doesn't exist. 

• Like 1

Gladys - Sorry, yes Ranson.

She is still with DHSC. Manx Care have their own I believe. 

Who knows who is with who though at the moment.

And you are right, there were plans to deal with hospital overload and the potential use of alternative community resources in the event of a major disaster.  It was not updated or rehearsed as far as I can see despite raising the issue with one of our many different CEO's over the years. 

• Thanks 1

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=62141&headline=Should police be in charge of the Isle of Man's border force%3F&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021&cat=Politics

Responsibility for the island’s new border force may be better off being handed over to the police in future, says Justice and Home Affairs Minister Graham Cregeen.

The new agency is set to be ready to operate when the island’s borders are due to open on June 28, the minister told the House of Keys.

The border force will come under the umbrella of the Isle of Man Borders division of government, which will report to the Cabinet Office.

Isle of Man Borders’ functions will include the administration of travel notification, passport, immigration and nationality services and functions.

Looks like the 28th is still planned 

• Like 2