IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

But it hasn't so far, the cases have been rising for weeks and deaths/hospitalisation hasn't. 

Face facts the vaccine is working the most at risk have been vaccinated. Its time to move away from cases and focus on what this was all about,not having the nhs overwhelmed. Which will happen due to the backlog that there is

I dont disagree. However there will still be a relationship. Its just a scientific  fact.

I agree that death and hospitalization should be the measures. What I am saying though is that they will go up. Not as much as before, but they will still go up until the majority have two doses. 

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I dont disagree. However there will still be a relationship. Its just a scientific  fact.

I agree that death and hospitalization should be the measures. What I am saying though is that they will go up. Not as much as before, but they will still go up until the majority have two doses. 

Yes they will.

Who cares?  They won't go up to anywhere near the levels of people who die from(pick any one of about 50 reasons)

People are obsessed with covid deaths.  If people are that arsed then they need to start putting the same effort into minimising deaths from every other cause

Edited by trmpton

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes they will.

Who cares?  They won't go up to anywhere near the levels of people who die from(pick any one of about 50 reasons)

People are obsessed with covid deaths.  If people are that arsed then they need to start putting the same effort into minimising deaths from every other cause

They are obsessed about hospitalisations and deaths because it has a knock on effect to every other cause when there are no hospital beds left to treat people. We have a teeny tiny hospital that will get full rapidly even if people don't die of COVID a good percentage still need oxygen for several days in hospital (young and old).

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes they will.

It's interesting.  I was told by someone that they knew a fat bird ( she's classified as morbidly obese) is playing the " at risk" card and won't go into the office.

So, quite content to kill herself from heart disease or a heart attack  for years but suddenly Covid is the biggest risk:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

They are obsessed about hospitalisations and deaths because it has a knock on effect to every other cause when there are no hospital beds left to treat people. We have a teeny tiny hospital that will get full rapidly even if people don't die of COVID a good percentage still need oxygen for several days in hospital (young and old).

We had a few thousand cases earlier this year - pre vaccine.

The hospital wasn't even close to full

3 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's interesting.  I was told by someone that they knew a fat bird ( she's classified as morbidly obese) is playing the " at risk" card and won't go into the office.

So, quite content to kill herself from heart disease or a heart attack  for years but suddenly Covid is the biggest risk:rolleyes:

Exactly.

Those who are the most scared in my experience are fat, lazy, smokers who drink a lot.

Healthy eating, fit, non smokers have nothing to worry about.  Especially when vaccinated 

6 minutes ago, trmpton said:

We had a few thousand cases earlier this year - pre vaccine.

The hospital wasn't even close to full

Don’t exaggerate. It just devalues your case.

there have been fewer than 1600 positives over 16 Months. Community cases just over 1200 in three waves. The others have been travel related and detected during isolation. March April May 2020, Late December 2020 to mid January 2021 and then March to mid April 2021.

We've had 29 deaths.

And what has made our cases so comparatively low? Why haven’t we had the same number of cases pro rata to UK? That’d be 6000 cases and 170 deaths.

Border restrictions, that’s what.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes they will.

I dont dispute that. But you and I both know it's not good news.

It will cause alarm and panic.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Don’t exaggerate. It just devalues your case.

there have been fewer than 1600 positives over 16 Months. Community cases just over 1200 in three waves. The others have been travel related and detected during isolation. March April May 2020, Late December 2020 to mid January 2021 and then March to mid April 2021.

We've had 29 deaths.

And what has made our cases so comparatively low? Why haven’t we had the same number of cases pro rata to UK? That’d be 6000 cases and 170 deaths.

Border restrictions, that’s what.

So do you think 1600 is the actual number of infected people?  If we had tested every person on every day over the last 16 months you think that would be the number of cases?

Really?

We all know it is twice that (at a minimum)

Edited by trmpton

14 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So do you think 1600 is the actual number of infected people?  If we had tested every person on every day over the last 16 months you think that would be the number of cases?

Really?

We all know it is twice that (at a minimum)

That applies to virtually every Western European jurisdiction. The only measure is positives, hospitalisation and death. 

And IOM, Jersey and Guernsey have outperformed for one reason,  and one reason only, border restrictions.

We've done better than Jersey, but not as well as Guernsey. 

• Haha 1

Just now, John Wright said:

That applies to virtually every Western European jurisdiction. The only measure is positives, hospitalisation and death. 

And IOM, Jersey and Guernsey have outperformed for one reason,  and one reason only, border restrictions.

We've done better than Jersey, but not as well as Guernsey. 

I know.

That is completely irrelevant though.

I said we had had thousands of cases and you said we hadn't.

We have.

It is irrelevant what has happened or been reported elsewhere