IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

48 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

They are obsessed about hospitalisations and deaths because it has a knock on effect to every other cause when there are no hospital beds left to treat people. We have a teeny tiny hospital that will get full rapidly even if people don't die of COVID a good percentage still need oxygen for several days in hospital (young and old).

There’s been very few hospitalized in U.K. from new variants that have been fully vaccinated which is all the more reason we should be cracking on with second vaccinations as everyone else is instead of closing hubs for 2 weeks just before borders are due to open.

This is yet another stupid government decision!!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s been very few hospitalized in U.K. from new variants that have been fully vaccinated which is all the more reason we should be cracking on with second vaccinations as everyone else is instead of closing hubs for 2 weeks just before borders are due to open.

This is yet another stupid government decision!!

This is an interesting read. Specifically 

20210603_204045.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I posted earlier about delta or Indian variant  but again 

New data from Public Health England showing that people who are confirmed to have the virus are more than twice as likely to need hospital admission is certainly a concern.

But reassuringly the vaccine isholding up really well.

Of 89 people who were admitted to hospital with the variant, 59 - that's two thirds - had not beenvaccinated at all. Just three of the patients had been double vaccinated.

• Like 1

I believe that the airport hub is closing beginning of July and all vaccinations being carried out at Chester Street. All that expense down at the airport, typical Government wastage, to construct and paint, and now to remove, tip it and reinstate to original. 

Im sure Ashie will have the numbers.

Edited by 2112
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

New data from Public Health England showing that people who are confirmed to have the virus are more than twice as likely to need hospital admission is certainly a concern.

Of 89 people who were admitted to hospital with the variant, 59 - that's two thirds - had not beenvaccinated at all. Just three of the patients had been double vaccinated.

Are there any figures for the age range of the unvaccinated that ended up in hospital? 

24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I believe that the airport hub is closing beginning of July and all vaccinations being carried out at Chester Street. All that expense down at the airport, typical Government wastage, to construct and paint, and now to remove, tip it and reinstate to original. 

Press reports say weekend appointments have been moved to Chester st. Using words such as reduced and scaled back.

I can't be arsed researching. Do they do Mon to Fri jabs at the airport? If not, why haven't the government or media just said it's closing entirely instead of obfuscation?

Edited by snowman

33 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Are there any figures for the age range of the unvaccinated that ended up in hospital? 

Not that I know but it was reported that a lot were eligible for vaccinations but hadn’t come forward for it so anything over 35 I guess 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

He's shredded the invoices.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Not this nonsense again!

So 59 were unvaccinated, 3 had been given both doses and strangely enough unmentioned by you 27 had been given their first dose but were still hospitalised.

Right now 50% of the UK adult population have had two doses, 25% have had 1 dose and 25% no doses at all.

The efficacy rate of one dose against the Delta variant is just 33% hence you are more likely to be hospitalised by it than the soft and smug Kent variant. So something like 40% of the UK adult population is at risk.

You have to stop quoting selective so-called "facts" that suit your agenda just in case the hard of thinking start believing your "everything is going splendidly" nonsense and do something stupid...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Banker said:

Way out on vaccinations for U.K.  it’s 75% for one & 50% for both perhaps you’re thinking of us, good job we’re cracking on with second jabs ! Oh wait we’re all on holidays 😂

No. The 75/50 are figures for adults offered a vaccination, not including those not yet offered and not including children, who make up around 20% of the population. 

But the vaccination holiday is pathetic!