IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Banker said:

Way out on vaccinations for U.K.  it’s 75% for one & 50% for both perhaps you’re thinking of us, good job we’re cracking on with second jabs ! Oh wait we’re all on holidays 😂

No. The 75/50 are figures for adults offered a vaccination, not including those not yet offered and not including children, who make up around 20% of the population. 

But the vaccination holiday is pathetic!

"It's worth noting that these admissions are not necessarily to treat Covid-related illness. A child might be admitted to hospital with a broken arm, but will be recorded in the figures if they test positive for Covid."

and this is exactly why they need to give us an idea what they are going to use to determine if we open up or not.

We all know cases are going to go up, and obviously as more people are infected then a percentage of them are going to end up in hospital with things like broken arms especially as mentioned in the article since more people are out and about doing things that result in hospital admissions like sport.

Cases and or hospital admissions with COVID mean nothing and our lot really need to explain this to people who see hospital figures climb and panic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57344826

15 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I wonder at what point Covid will stop being reported (we don't get a breakdown every day of who's in hospital, why and who died of what).

When there are no restrictions.  ATM, reports are necessary to inform people why restrictions are being applied to them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I wonder at what point Covid will stop being reported (we don't get a breakdown every day of who's in hospital, why and who died of what).

Exactly.

And we definitely don't get figures for how many people turned out to have something they didn't know about and wasn't casting them any issues as a result of being admitted for something else.

It needs to stop.

Hopefully here and UK will have stopped by the end of the month.

When are we next due an update on what the clowns are thinking?  People and businesses need to plan so an idea of what they are looking for and an update on resumption of proper air services would be helpful.

June 21st. The U.K. are opening, without question.

The delays on Green status overseas travel is the balance to achieve that target, Schapps intimated as much.

The June 28th travel list is the one the holiday industry is really concerned with, possibly the announcement three weeks after that.

The school holiday market is where it’s at.

Expect Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece & other popular destinations to go Green by mid-end July.

Lunp on.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

The delays on Green status overseas travel is the balance to achieve that target, Schapps intimated as much.

The June 28th travel list is the one the holiday industry is really concerned with, possibly the announcement three weeks after that.

Expect Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece & other popular destinations to go Green by mid-end July.

Lunp on.

Agreed. Shame we will not be joining the party. No way we will be ready until end of July.

7 hours ago, Cambon said:

No. The 75/50 are figures for adults offered a vaccination, not including those not yet offered and not including children, who make up around 20% of the population. 

But the vaccination holiday is pathetic!

Absolute bollocks 75/50.5 are the % of doses actually delivered, please stop posting rubbish 

Health services across the UK have now administered over 65.6 million vaccines between 8 December and 1 June, including over 39.5 million people with their first dose (75.2%) and over 26 million with both doses (49.5%), 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

The reductions to the green list in the UK are a HUGE opportunity for us.

Open up and get adverts everywhere ASAP.

People have money burning holes in their pockets and are desperate to holiday.  Get them here.

I'm one of those people, zero intertest in holidays abroad...I love the IOM and it's lovely people, I'm itching to get back across ASAP.....fully vaccinated and tested twice a week through my profession. 

19 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Lunp on.

UK parliament goes into recess on July 22nd and I guess the traffic lights will be amended accordingly so that they can go on their jollies

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, trmpton said:

The reductions to the green list in the UK are a HUGE opportunity for us.

Open up and get adverts everywhere ASAP.

People have money burning holes in their pockets and are desperate to holiday.  Get them here.

Marketing is shit & all on holidays now so nothing will get done until too late

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=62121&headline=Marketing to welcome tourists back to the Isle of Man is uninspiring says politician&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021&cat=Politics

The staycation business is booming with the reluctance to open borders.  Old Howie must be pretty pleased with this year's bookings!  I note that his accomodations are available for covid isolation too.  I have trouble accepting the impartial decision making when there is so much money up for grabs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2