IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

30 minutes ago, cissolt said:

The staycation business is booming with the reluctance to open borders.  Old Howie must be pretty pleased with this year's bookings!  I note that his accomodations are available for covid isolation too.  I have trouble accepting the impartial decision making when there is so much money up for grabs.

Staycation accommodation charges more for visiting tourists so they & hotels are desperate for borders to open as plenty of bookings. We’ve got families coming over for wedding in August & the prices to rent accommodation are astronomical if you can find any available.

Also flights & boat sailings will be busy for summer & taxi drivers, car hire are all hoping for a busy summer 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Absolute bollocks 75/50.5 are the % of doses actually delivered, please stop posting rubbish 

Health services across the UK have now administered over 65.6 million vaccines between 8 December and 1 June, including over 39.5 million people with their first dose (75.2%) and over 26 million with both doses (49.5%), 

UK population is 68.2 million. You do the maths! 

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

25 million second doses is 50% of the population who are eligible for vaccination.

Bankers figures are correct, as obviously you don't include kids under 16

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Staycation accommodation charges more for visiting tourists so they & hotels are desperate for borders to open as plenty of bookings. We’ve got families coming over for wedding in August & the prices to rent accommodation are astronomical if you can find any available.

Also flights & boat sailings will be busy for summer & taxi drivers, car hire are all hoping for a busy summer 

The borders will have to open on 28th June otherwise they can expect civil unrest.

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

25 million second doses is 50% of the population who are eligible for vaccination.

Bankers figures are correct, as obviously you don't include kids under 16

Eligible for vaccination, yes. Eligible to catch Covid and spread it, no. 

Bankers figures are the government spin. Uk are desperately trying to get second jabs in so they can allow more green countries. Unfortunately many countries are banning uk tourists because of increasing rates.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What a plonker!! Read the information from public health, you don’t include children. Do the maths!!

you post some absolute rubbish which bears no resemblance to facts 

Edited by Banker

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

What a plonker!! Read the information from public health, you don’t include children. Do the maths!!

you post some absolute rubbish which bears no resemblance to facts 

Why? Because children cannot catch it? No. Simply because they have not been approved, yet. They can still catch it and spread it. 

Just admit it, you are wrong. Again! 

10 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Why? Because children cannot catch it? No. Simply because they have not been approved, yet. They can still catch it and spread it. 

Just admit it, you are wrong. Again! 

The vaccine in not approved for children so why would anyone include them in figures to show unvaccinated population?

No country in the world shows the % of vaccinated population including children, only time it’s been quoted is by you so again stop posting bollocks!!

heres the facts 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57346760

Edited by Banker

41 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I did and none of you buggers took a blind bit of notice.  Updated with even more links and numbers:

Well I've just calculated the latest figures and in terms of doses and based on the dashboard, I make the Isle of Man having delivered 1.08 doses per person[1] (1.36 per person over 18) while the UK figures (based on the UK Gov statistics) are 0.99 and 1.26 respectively.  Of course with only a handful of Isle of Man vaccinations being done over two weeks, the UK will have time to catch up.

But the differences in strategy are interesting.  While the UK has managed to vaccinate 40% of the population fully (50% of over-18s) the Isle of Man has only done 34% and 43%.  Instead we have double the percentage with only one jab (40%/50% versus the UK's 20%/25%). 

This means 74% of the Manx population and 93% of over-18s have had at least one dose compared to 60% and 75% for the UK

[1]  Isle of Man population figures are 83,314 with over-18s 66,208, based on the 2016 Census, pro-rata-ing when necessary.  UK population is based on latest ONS estimates at 66,800,000  with over-18s 52,700,000 from there rather nifty interactive age slider.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I did and none of you buggers took a blind bit of notice.  Updated with even more links and numbers:

Well I've just calculated the latest figures and in terms of doses and based on the dashboard, I make the Isle of Man having delivered 1.08 doses per person[1] (1.36 per person over 18) while the UK figures (based on the UK Gov statistics) are 0.99 and 1.26 respectively.  Of course with only a handful of Isle of Man vaccinations being done over two weeks, the UK will have time to catch up.

But the differences in strategy are interesting.  While the UK has managed to vaccinate 40% of the population fully (50% of over-18s) the Isle of Man has only done 34% and 43%.  Instead we have double the percentage with only one jab (40%/50% versus the UK's 20%/25%). 

This means 74% of the Manx population and 93% of over-18s have had at least one dose compared to 60% and 75% for the UK

[1]  Isle of Man population figures are 83,314 with over-18s 66,208, based on the 2016 Census, pro-rata-ing when necessary.  UK population is based on latest ONS estimates at 66,800,000  with over-18s 52,700,000 from there rather nifty interactive age slider.

Yes you are correct.

Do you think our strategy is better or worse. Personally I think it's a train crash. It would be fine if we were staying with elimination and everyone staying put. But we are not. Our strategy doesn't seem to align with our border plan. Our vulnerable will not have had 2 jabs, whereas the situation will be different for our peers.

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

The vaccine in not approved for children so why would anyone include them in figures to show unvaccinated population?

No country in the world shows the % of vaccinated population including children, only time it’s been quoted is by you so again stop posting bollocks!!

heres the facts 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57346760

Oops! 12-15 year olds just approved!

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Useful thanks.

And despite all the discussion and debate we still don't really know which approach is best.

I am inclined to say I am happy with the way we have gone - but  that they should be second jabbing this week and next, and I don't believe the stock figure that hasn't reflected any recent delivery, unless they forfeited some by not having plans to use them short term.

Safe to say both jurisdictions are protected to a point where I and lots of others no longer see any real cause for concern, albeit in slightly different ways.

People in the UK really weren't arsed when I was there.  I had made a conscious decision not to extend a hand for handshakes unless the other person did, likewise for hugs.

Everybody we went to see greeted us with a handshake or hug and I saw no concern at all.  Enjoyed several meals out and other than masks everything for a visitor was normal 

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Oops! 12-15 year olds just approved!

Well thats good news then isn't it.

I am sure iomg will roll out a plan to get them all jabbed imminently (they won't.  We will be weeks behind everywhere else because we will need special indemnity and will have to build a new hub with a PlayStation in each booth)

• Like 1