IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 hours ago, Apple said:

I agree. Lets remember this when they further develop Integrated Care and want the postmen and postwomen armed with their lists of "vulnerable ' people in the community with their five questions and details if who to report them to. All in the cause of protecting the population ,you understand. Why employ trained community care staff ?

The whole thing to me is mad. Either they’re worried about Covid-19 coming back or they aren’t. If they are actually worried then bloody well resource the Covid-19 quarantine rules so people can go knocking on doors and checking up on people rather than psychologically bullying people into becoming curtain twitchers and sneaks so you don’t have to pay for it to be resourced properly. We seem to have a lot of workers who can’t do their jobs at the moment so it makes sense to me to redeploy them to be a front line defense not paying people to sit on their ass at underused heritage features instead (or at home). If the threat of a Covid-19 second wave is as great as is being claimed why were we only ringing 1/3 of returnees who were self isolating up until last week? Or why aren’t we testing people as part of the quarantine process and assessing the actual data and the data trends? Or why are we still basically just trusting people to abide by the rules instead of being proactive in policing those rules without relying on the dads army of curtain twitchers? It seems to me that nobody wants to be responsible for it coming back so let’s do the minimum and just blame the public for not being vigilant instead when the inevitable happens. Has anyone actually been arrested as a result of proactive policing by anyone or have they all simply been shopped to the police or the Covid line by nosy friends and neighbours? I think I know the answer. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Absolute bollocks! If it’s so easy why do Aurigny lose £7m last year and probably £10m last year.

if EasyJet go because of borders issue then we would be saddled with high fares plus costs of subsidies and several £m set up costs,

Aurigny have been around for decades. A few years ago, they updated their fleet, to include purchasing the new jet and retiring the Tri-landers including the much beloved G-JOEY. The costs of which were to be written off over several years.

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Aurigny have been around for decades. A few years ago, they updated their fleet, to include purchasing the new jet and retiring the Tri-landers including the much beloved G-JOEY. The costs of which were to be written off over several years.

If you're blaming their cash loss on accounting depreciation/writing down then you really don't know the picture.

Aurigny loses - cash - nigh on £10m per year and the losses seem to be widening. Brian Kelly said he was pushing IOMGov to underwrite £4.2m/year worth of losses to get in to bed with Aurigny.

That. Is. Ludicrous.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

If you're blaming their cash loss on accounting depreciation/writing down then you really don't know the picture.

Aurigny loses - cash - nigh on £10m per year and the losses seem to be widening. Brian Kelly said he was pushing IOMGov to underwrite £4.2m/year worth of losses to get in to bed with Aurigny.

That. Is. Ludicrous.

So we would be laying out something on par with the buses?  Seems cheap.

While we are at it cant we buy something else that should be left to the private sector? A clothing manufacturer? Think on the savings if we made our own clothes...…………. Millions of things the gov can buy and run at a loss.

Clowns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

So we would be laying out something on par with the buses?  Seems cheap.

While we are at it cant we buy something else that should be left to the private sector? A clothing manufacturer? Think on the savings if we made our own clothes...…………. Millions of things the gov can buy and run at a loss.

Clowns.

Government seems to think it has a right to be involved with everything private sector.

I hate the Yanks. But what we need is an enabling Government that is at very long arms length with more driven from the private sector. Instead, the Government twats just want to get in on all the action and we usually end up with nothing to show for it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey going to 1/2 days quarantine in next phase whilst our lot do absolutely nothing!! Testing on arrival, same as Jersey 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/26/one-or-two-days-quarantine-for-negative-safe-arrivals/

You are expecting a level of common sense to apply to our administration previously unseen.

They play follow the leader whilst burying their heads in the sand.

Guernsey seem to have cottoned on to the fact that the virus will return to their Island but at least they can mitigate its transmission with this policy.

This could have been planned for & done many weeks ago here.

Expect the fume to be strong. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

You are expecting a level of common sense to apply to our administration previously unseen.

They play follow the leader whilst burying their heads in the sand.

Guernsey seem to have cottoned on to the fact that the virus will return to their Island but at least they can mitigate its transmission with this policy.

This could have been planned for & done many weeks ago here.

Expect the fume to be strong. 

Most of the politicians have quoted Jersey success and how their economy is now thriving and obviously want the same for Guernsey .

the teapot gang would have a fit if our government follow suit!!

Edited by Banker

So at the same time we have Ashford saying it’s too early to lift restrictions.

These totally plonkers like Ashford and Howie want to ‘hail the success’ by having an easy ride now. Keeping it all locked down makes their jobs easy and the definitive success of handling the pandemic look strong. But it’s fucking the economy up, well and truly.

Time to start reminding everyone we can’t live in this bubble forever and we need to move forward.

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

the teapot gang would have a fit if our government follow suit!!

You are a moron. I note you never took my post apart the other day. I can only assume it is because you can't.

Look at the utter madness going on in the UK right now, with the mask wearing in school craziness. It's that kind of shit I would like to avoid. Why do you want us to have to wear masks?

20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You are a moron. I note you never took my post apart the other day. I can only assume it is because you can't.

Look at the utter madness going on in the UK right now, with the mask wearing in school craziness. It's that kind of shit I would like to avoid. Why do you want us to have to wear masks?

Well Guernsey aren’t and they are 7 days isolation going to 1/2 days next with testing on arrival you COVID mentalist