IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, snowman said:

There was a Channel 4 documentary recently about anti vaxxers.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-anti-vax-conspiracy

Andrew Wakefield et al.  Allegedly it's big business and there's alot of funding behind it.

These people may not be as mad as some think. In fact, they may be making alot of money out of this by pushing anti-vax views.

of course they are and the dumb assess who buy into this shit don't realise it.

19 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Gutsy prediction, Mav.  Putting money on it?

I only bet on large sporting events that involve fences & horses, holes & balls.

I listen to what Schapps says, he often drips in little snippets or precursors.

The implication was to close Europe until the 21st June, re-establish air travel on the next traffic light date which I think is around the 28th June.

By the school holidays I’m fairly confident mainland Europe will be Green. There’s still 6 weeks or so to get doses in arms (unless you’re closed like us).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That’s a result of low passenger figures between there and France making it not viable to run the service.

Hardly a surprise is it? Not sure what you point is.

If they were suspending flights between there and UK you might have a point, but they aren’t, those are packed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trmpton said:

That’s a result of low passenger figures between there and France making it not viable to run the service.

Hardly a surprise is it? Not sure what you point is.

If they were suspending flights between there and UK you might have a point, but they aren’t, those are packed.

Flights may be packed, but there were only 12 commercial arrivals today. 1500-2000 people max? 

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Flights may be packed, but there were only 12 commercial arrivals today. 1500-2000 people max? 

So significantly more than the 3 to 400 a day we appear to be getting.

Good for them. Shame we are so backward.

lots of TT fans would have happily been on island for a break this week despite there being no racing, plus the UK are mainly on half term.

Opportunity missed

• Like 2

Granted with the benefit of hindsight, I don’t see why bikes couldn’t have been racing here today.

The Indy 500 ran with 135,000 spectators last weekend and events are starting up again all over with a bit of thought applied to how they can be run.

So I think we could have had a modified TT and absolutely shouldn’t have cancelled the MGP and FOM

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Plus 2 boats from Portsmouth, 1 from Poole & 1 from Guernsey probably another 1500/2000 so maybe 3/4000 

What the Islands taxi drivers, hotels, pubs wouldn’t do for that amount of customers 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Plus 2 boats from Portsmouth, 1 from Poole & 1 from Guernsey probably another 1500/2000 so maybe 3/4000 

What the Islands taxi drivers, hotels, pubs wouldn’t do for that amount of customers 

Shop owners, laundrettes, food wholesalers……..

Loads of businesses beyond the obvious being screwed over with very little if not no support.

• Like 2