IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, but as a country, the majority of those most states risk (over 50, etc) have been double jabbed. Indy is an outdoor event that usually takes place on a hot sunny day, which is perfect conditions for killing airborne virus. 

I've been watching the basketball play offs pretty much full indoor stadiums.

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Same woman.  But she's right that the new variant needs watching carefully.

it will be sausage variant next, then the aardvark variant, then the ketchup variants, viruses mutate variants appear that's what vaccination programs are for, despite the panic stricken border freaks we can't keep them closed for ever.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

She's just a scared, paranoid woman hoping the Isle of Man will follow her zero covid nonsense. 

And if she is out and about this weekend she is in for a shock as there are hundreds (probably over a thousand) of people who have been wandering around the dirty cesspool that is the UK in the last few days.  Lots of them only got off the boat or plane on Friday and they will be in pubs and clubs today.

sending her kids to school after TT/ half term will be a shock as loads of them will have been back on island less than 48 hours.

My daughters primary class is 26 and about half of them are away this week

Edited by trmpton

Have they actually said what happens when we do inevitably get people testing positive on day 6 after being out and about for 5 days?

I assume that person isolates and everyone else (Including their own family) carries on as normal?

Then assume that once the end of June comes we stop testing full stop, so what happens if someone say tests positive on hospital admission? Would be harsh to make someone isolate when we know there will always be several hundred undetected cases wandering about?

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Have they actually said what happens when we do inevitably get people testing positive on day 6 after being out and about for 5 days?

Track and trace will be fun.

I hope that when this happens we just say sod it. Yes the infected person would have to isolate for 2 weeks and everyone else in the household. But finding all the close contacts....no chance unless they are hermits.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Track and trace will be fun.

I hope that when this happens we just say sod it. Yes the infected person would have to isolate for 2 weeks and everyone else in the household. But finding all the close contacts....no chance unless they are hermits.

Everyone else in the household? Stuff that.  That’s insane.

Hopefully one we get another three weeks down the line all that nonsense goes away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Didn't the last lockdown (or was it the one before) lead us to changing the testing to 21 days after someone tested negative until that day? I know my son only tested positive on day 21 after several negative tests. I seem to remember from somewhere that 21 day testing was brought in to stop negative cases from infecting others out in the general public.

Yes, but that was then and now we have vaccines so no one cares about cases in the wild anymore.

Time to move forward - at last

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Didn't the last lockdown (or was it the one before) lead us to changing the testing to 21 days after someone tested negative until that day? I know my son only tested positive on day 21 after several negative tests. I seem to remember from somewhere that 21 day testing was brought in to stop negative cases from infecting others out in the general public.

Yes. That's when the strategy was eliminating at all cost. Now if it gets in the strategy is to mitigate and control.

That's what we are told is the plan.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And, just as a matter of interest, do you also know if the Indian variant has the same incubation period as the Kent variant?

I'm just wondering what the point is in testing at all if people aren't positive until the 21st day.

No idea. The idea of testing is to reduce the risk, but not totally eradicate it. 

Accepting that it's not the gold standard I guess.