IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

if someone say tests positive on hospital admission

We have to get on with it - the hospital has to make provision for that (likely) eventuality and it's had 18 months to get its act sorted out.

If it means opening up a 'COVID wing' then do it.  When TB was rife in the 40s and 50s patients were whisked off to sanatoriums dedicated to TB - same is now needed for increasingly unlikely hospitalisation of COVIDites.

• Like 3

Hospitalization of Covid patients is remaining low with majority unvaccinated as per update today 

Hancock said the majority of patients in hospital appeared to be those who have not had a vaccine, with "only a very small minority" of patients fully vaccinated. Those who had been double vaccinated appeared to be less seriously ill, he said.

This showed vaccines were working, he said, and that the link between infection and hospitalisation had been "severed but not broken".

On Saturday, Chris Hopson, the chief executive of NHS Providers, which represents hospital trusts, said the number of people in hospital with the Delta variant was rising but not "very significantly".

Mr Hancock urged people to get their second jab, saying: "The best scientific advice I have at this stage, is that after one jab it's not quite as effective against the new Delta variant, but after both jabs it is."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hospitalization of Covid patients is remaining low with majority unvaccinated as per update today 

Hancock said the majority of patients in hospital appeared to be those who have not had a vaccine, with "only a very small minority" of patients fully vaccinated. Those who had been double vaccinated appeared to be less seriously ill, he said.

This showed vaccines were working, he said, and that the link between infection and hospitalisation had been "severed but not broken".

On Saturday, Chris Hopson, the chief executive of NHS Providers, which represents hospital trusts, said the number of people in hospital with the Delta variant was rising but not "very significantly".

Mr Hancock urged people to get their second jab, saying: "The best scientific advice I have at this stage, is that after one jab it's not quite as effective against the new Delta variant, but after both jabs it is."

Just another week of no jabs here then.

After that I am sure they have made detailed plans to really ramp things up in line with current data and recommendations so that those who “need” to be are double jabbed before 28th.

Also.  Tony Brown for CM!!!

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Just another week of no jabs here then.

After that I am sure they have made detailed plans to really ramp things up in line with current data and recommendations so that those who “need” to be are double jabbed before 28th.

Also.  Tony Brown for CM!!!

That's right. History will show. Some tried. Some succeeded. Some didn't. 

But history will record. Some didn't even try. They had two weeks off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

That's right. History will show. Some tried. Some succeeded. Some didn't. 

But history will record. Some didn't even try. They had two weeks off.

Exactly! Pathetic! IT'S A PANDEMIC!   WHAT IS IT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND!!!! 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, trmpton said:

No.

I said our honestly guests will be here as soon as they can book.

They our are our regular honestly guests for TT.  Unless I missed it I don’t believe that forbids them from coming and booking themselves into paid accommodation when a TT isn’t running?

Why do so many people find it hard to believe there are people who want to come here and that we are currently missing an opportunity?

If you are that perplexed join one of the huge and busy TT groups on FB, start a post asking if any of those not here this year would have come this week if they had been allowed and see what response you get.

It doesn’t forbid them from booking into paid accommodation when no TT is running...as long as you are registered as regular Tourist accommodation in accordance with the Tourist Act 1975. Home stay is a particular dispensation for householders to accommodate visitors during the TT. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

It doesn’t forbid them from booking into paid accommodation when no TT is running...as long as you are registered as regular Tourist accommodation in accordance with the Tourist Act 1975. Home stay is a particular dispensation for householders to accommodate visitors during the TT. 

Erm, yeah I know.

At no point did I say they would be staying with me (if they were allowed here, which they aren’t)

No idea what you are banging on about or why to by honest.

11 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Isn't Homestay all about tax anyway?  Does Airbnb accommodation need to be registered? 

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Isn't Homestay all about tax anyway?  Does Airbnb accommodation need to be registered? 

As I understand it Airbnb does need to be registered over here, but hardly anyone bothers.

it’s such an easy thing for them to be checking, but no doubt it will be ignored until one day paying get has a few beers and sets fire to a house that isn’t insured and leaves the owners with a mortgage and no property.

http://www.isleofman.com/news/details/77650/5x-increase-in-properties-registering-with-airbnb

Edited by trmpton

24 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Homestay is a particular dispensation for the provision of accommodation for householders during the TT which is tax exempt to a point. To provide it you havd to be registered with the Dept of Enterprise. The provision of all tourist accommodation has to be registered under the Tourist Act which includes airbnb.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, trmpton said:

As I understand it Airbnb does need to be registered over here, but hardly anyone bothers.

it’s such an easy thing for them to be checking, but no doubt it will be ignored until one day paying get has a few beers and sets fire to a house that isn’t insured and leaves the owners with a mortgage and no property.

http://www.isleofman.com/news/details/77650/5x-increase-in-properties-registering-with-airbnb

No it gets checked.