IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 hours ago, The Chief said:

no conspiracy if you look at the DM been stories like this for weeks, leading up to the summer. BBC will be chirping in soon.

I was just referring to the bit about not spending money in the EU and having staycation.

Edited by Happier diner

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

As we enter the second summer of Covid, some eighteen or so months into the 'pandemic', I still shake my head and despair that the Mainstream Media are not challenged over their reporting of the situation.

The fear narrative continues. Millions still don't understand the reporting & are left cowering in their homes.

A case doesn't mean someone is ill, it is someone that has returned a positive result (the result itself could be ambiguous). Even Covid hospital admissions are reported in a way that suggests the virus has put them there, not the % that are tested prior to or during admission for other ailments.

It stinks, all of it.

Talk radio have different views 

The sad thing is the bloke being interviewed is probably the same as those that make up the panels advising governments 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Talk radio have different views 

The sad thing is the bloke being interviewed is probably the same as those that make up the panels advising governments 

I know people who think like Dr Dick.

Don’t be a Dr Dick

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'd be in favour of locking up people like that.  What a twat

14 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Don’t be a Dr Dick

People like Sqn Ldr Richard Taylor MBE, FRCP have an awful lot of power and have the ear of the Government.

From this interview, what a twat indeed.

Well worth a listen.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1402157941550206977

Edited by Barlow

36 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Don’t be a Dr Dick

Of course, it never occurs to you that they deliberately invite on the program those with contrary views because "it makes for a good news story..." etc etc.

Mug.

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Of course, it never occurs to you that they deliberately invite on the program those with contrary views because "it makes for a good news story..." etc etc.

Mug.

Fully aware of that cheers.  He has had the desired effect and their fb and Twitter feeds are full of shares, retweets and people are discussing on forums like this.

I said I know people like that, and I do (I think you might be one, and cambon). People whose lives aren’t really impacted by restrictions and who therefore think we should all live a crappy existence for the foreseeable - just in case.

Not sure what you think makes me a “mug” for simply stating I know people who think exactly like he does - it’s a fact.

• Like 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

My impression is that many people who live in Jersey are somewhat less impressed with how things have gone than some people would have you believe.

Will always be the way.  They will be the idiots who think the borders should be closed and the virus kept out forever.

So what’s your actual point? Do you agree with them or not?

I’m struggling to comprehend the U.K. figures.

There are 60.6% more people infected on the rolling 7 day average.

They have upped the testing numbers by 427,601 in that period, equating to 8.2%.

YET …

Patients being admitted to hospital with a positive Covid test continues to fall, down 5 this week or 0.6%.

They've tested more people in areas of the country where vaccination uptake hasn’t been so widely accepted. The numbers will naturally increase.

I know I’m just a dummy but you’ll get what you get if you go looking for it.

When I hear places such as Darwen, Hounslow etc being bandied about it’s hardly a shock.