IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well Guernsey aren’t and they are 7 days isolation going to 1/2 days next with testing on arrival you COVID mentalist 

Why am I a COVID mentalist? Give me a breakdown of why you think that? Because I really don't think I am, I'm a lot more positive than yourself that's for sure.

18 hours ago, Banker said:

Report them for what ? They are not going out, anyone else residing there doesn’t need to isolate, so if they have virus it will be spread around .

also can’t see restrictions saying no visitors in gardens or child minding. This is why the policy is shit 

as is your attitude towards this. Whining you want the borders open but quite happy to let things like the above go on.

6 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Wouldnt the new Guernsey rule create a backdoor for people to come here.

Like go to Guernsey from the UK . Get tested and if negative come to isle of man ?

Certainly would, and for us to go to UK & beyond. Sure Howie is on case when he comes back from holidays next month 

• Haha 1

The airport is still a 'dirty' area though and lots of opportunity for cross-contamination.

The contact tracing procedures will be right on it though and when the virus returns (ie brought over) to the Isle of Man the authorities will know exactly where it came from etc

57 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Covid mentalist is so sultan. I prefer branch covidian myself.

Not sure it is. In fact I don't think I’ve used that phrase in relation to Covid at all. I do think that peoples Covid obsessions are irrational and bordering on obsessive paranoia but I haven’t said any are mentalists I don’t think. 

We should all contact our MHKs to ask what is happening with any updates on borders whether you are for or against any easing. The lack of communication from COMIN compared with Jersey, Guernsey who Howie days are our peer group is a disgrace. 
I have asked mine.

Edited by Banker

1 minute ago, Banker said:

We should all contact our MHKs to ask what is happening with any updates on borders whether you are for or against any easing. The lack of communication from COMIN compared with Jersey, Guernsey who Howie days are our peer group is a disgrace. 
I have asked mine.

But they’re recruiting a new head of government communications so likely we’ll get all the updates in December after they’ve started! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Guernsey going to 1/2 days quarantine in next phase whilst our lot do absolutely nothing!! Testing on arrival, same as Jersey 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/26/one-or-two-days-quarantine-for-negative-safe-arrivals/

also having press conference to explain changes on Friday 

Literally the second paragraph:

A crucial piece of information, which is unknown at this stage, is what date phase 5c will start as much depends on the global situation.

I've made it nice and big as you obviously missed it first time. 

All they have done is add another option to the policy of what they will do if the level of infection drops elsewhere.  There is no start date or even conditions that would automatically trigger the new regime.  All they have done is put some works down on paper.

If some people are unable to understand even the simplest written words, maybe moving to a testing regime, with its more complicated measures, isn't a good idea.

• Like 1