IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

We aren’t talking about elective procedures.

People are using a rise in the number of people in hospital with COVID as an indicator that people are sick with COVID.

They aren’t.  As more people become infected (who cares?) and more people are back out living their normal lives there will be more people ending up in hospital for non planned reasons who test positive on admission.  Hardly rocket science.

That is correct - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that. 

However, the Government will know exactly how many people are being admitted to hospital solely because of Covid, and will use that granularity to make informed decisions. Maybe it would help if that data was made public?

It is the case that the total number of people in hospital WITH Covid will be artificially lower than it would be without the pre testing requirement. That is the point I am making.

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

We aren’t talking about elective procedures.

People are using a rise in the number of people in hospital with COVID as an indicator that people are sick with COVID.

They aren’t.  As more people become infected (who cares?) and more people are back out living their normal lives there will be more people ending up in hospital for non planned reasons who test positive on admission.  Hardly rocket science.

I think you do. Why else would you spend so much time debating the issue? I think somewhere deep down you're really worried and it's just coming out as anger. If you aren't concerned then could always prove it by not posting anything COVID related for a week. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I think you do. Why else would you spend so much time debating the issue? I think somewhere deep down you're really worried and it's just coming out as anger. If you aren't concerned then could always prove it by not posting anything COVID related for a week. 

Where is the fun in that?

48 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Not quite. A pre admission negative Covid test is required for all non emergency admissions. 

I think it would be eminently sensible to give the vaccine rollout a further few weeks head start before fully unlocking. The second dose seems critical in preventing morbidity. Figures last week seemed to show you were 70% less likely to need hospitalisation after one jab, but 95% after both. 

That’s probably why every jurisdiction has accelerated roll out of second doses , except of course the Isle of Man where it was too difficult!!!

Manx solutions!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Many are "accelerating, " from a far inferior second dose position to the Isle of Man.

Any taking a 2 week vaccine holiday right before looking to relax border restrictions?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Many are "accelerating, " from a far inferior second dose position to the Isle of Man.

Wrong as usual, Guernsey, Jersey & UK have all delivered more second doses as a% of adults than us , Jersey are well ahead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Please, just do one to the Channel Islands.  You're probably one of those come over "we're superior to you lot" from there anyway.

Just admit you’re wrong as usual, I was born here. 
Problem with you government shillings is that you’re always trying to justify cock ups and post lies to hide facts . Otherwise you would have posted the information to prove your statement that IOM was ahead on second doses 

Edited by Banker
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Banker said:

Wrong as usual, Guernsey, Jersey & UK have all delivered more second doses as a% of adults than us , Jersey are well ahead.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why some on here are completely obsessed with comparing the IOM with the Channel Islands as to me they're quite different places.

For a start the CI's have a tourist industry. Probably due to their much nicer climate. They have no mountains and little by the way of Victoriana. However they do have castles, WW2 works by slave labour from the German Occupation, art galleries, museums and if memory serves well decent eateries and very strong ale.

What's not to like...?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

If i was running the show in the uk i'd have each of the crown dependancies on a different phase border/isolation wise with a differing level of vaccination 1st/2nd jab wise. 

I didn't have you down as a eugenicist who favoured human experiments. Perhaps you could change your name to "the stinking mengele"? 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1