IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Your eagle eyes picked it up also. That's why you edited it. Admitting to being wrong is no bad thing. It's no biggie, i wouldn't think any less of you 

Admitting what.  That I accidentally typed pup instead of pub?

OK you got me.  Let’s blame the bouncer bus.

How is that reply to dogs dangly coming along?

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I will remind you though, that you are currently arguing with a complete idiot. Not a good look

Ok I will stop.  Thanks for your time anyway - although you never did actually reply to any points.

Much like a complete idiot.

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

At what point does society accept lives over millions waiting for treatment, some (a lot) in excruciating pain?

Hospital waiting list tops 5m in England - BBC News

It can't go on. It really cannot.

The ones who find this acceptable are the same ones who call those of us who want to see a bit of travel “selfish”

You could argue the ones who are happy with this are the selfish ones.

• Like 1

It's like some mad, fucked up, fictional Channel 5 low budget movie.

Watch the world un-educate itself, go bankrupt (aside the rich), destroy futures, break up society, finally implode the NHS & leave millions in extreme poverty.

.... but there's a new variant and what about Long Covid.

Oh FUCK OFF.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

The ones who find this acceptable are the same ones who call those of us who want to see a bit of travel “selfish”

You could argue the ones who are happy with this are the selfish ones.

What a load of old cobblers...

• Haha 1

Just now, P.K. said:

What a load of old cobblers...

Why?

Is it not selfish that what is now a tiny tiny percentage of people who might be at risk, would rather see us all locked up so that people with potentially years of their lives left are missing out on life saving treatment so as to minimise any risk of spread of a virus that is no longer an issue to most people?

What make those who are “vulnerable” to COVID not selfish when their wants and desires cause other untold suffering and pain, and in some cases loss of life.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

At what point does society accept lives over millions waiting for treatment, some (a lot) in excruciating pain?

Hospital waiting list tops 5m in England - BBC News

It can't go on. It really cannot.

The vast majority of that waiting list was already there pre-Covid. The Conservatives have run England's NHS into the ground like they do with every industry prior to privatising it. Covid is just the latest in a long line of excuses for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The vast majority of that waiting list was already there pre-Covid. The Conservatives have run England's NHS into the ground like they do with every industry prior to privatising it. Covid is just the latest in a long line of excuses for them.

I don't disagree. Successive Governments, both Tory & Labour have destroyed this country in pursuit of keeping the rich happy (their donors and cronies), fighting unnecessary wars in foreign lands, lavishing foreign aid & failing to adopt tax laws that balance society (and allow improvements to health, housing stock, education and transport infrastructure).

BUT ...

That's another discussion altogether. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1