IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I understand it perfectly well thanks. Do you?

Let me please draw your attention to the percentage distribution of the vaccinated fatalities versus the unvaccinated fatalities which stands at 45% to 55%. 

That's an awful lot lower than the vaccine efficacy rates would suggest it should be.

So none of those people would have died if it wasn’t for COVID?

They were all perfectly healthy people who happened to contract COVID and then die?  Is that really what you think?

People die all the time for lots of reasons.  At any given time a certain percentage of people will test positive for COVID in a 28 day period.

Sometimes those two groups of people overlap. Ie someone who happens to test positive for CoVId was going to die anyway, from cancer, heart disease, embolism, old age, serious injury or even suicide.

Doesnt matter how many jabs any of the above have had.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sorry banker, uk fully vaccinated is about 40% of population, about 60% with at least one dose. We are at about 30% fully vaccinated, about 55% with at least one dose. 

When it comes to herd immunity, you have to count the whole population, not just adults. 

When it comes to herd immunity don’t forget the huge numbers who have had it without realising.

So in the UK that is more than 80 percent of adults currently carrying antibodies 

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

As you’ve been told numerous times nobody uses total population it’s all over 16s 

Are you advocating Covid  vaccinations for babies now?

Is it? Is that why they are talking about vaccinations for over 12's? 

Virtually all babies are already vaccinated against other diseases. 

Children need to be counted. You would have to be a complete idiot to leave them out!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I understand it perfectly well thanks. Do you?

Let me please draw your attention to the percentage distribution of the vaccinated fatalities versus the unvaccinated fatalities which stands at 45% to 55%. 

That's an awful lot lower than the vaccine efficacy rates would suggest it should be.

You don't need to draw my attention to anything concerning COVID stats. But you might want to read this. Take a look at Sec 4 and see where COVID is ranked (the next release of these stats is 18th June but I doubt there'll be much difference in the ranking)

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

When it comes to herd immunity don’t forget the huge numbers who have had it without realising.

So in the UK that is more than 80 percent of adults currently carrying antibodies 

Correct, but not here. We are mainly pretty vulnerable. Meanwhile, our vaccination squad had gone on holiday! 

• Like 1

Just now, Cambon said:

Correct, but not here. We are mainly pretty vulnerable. Meanwhile, our vaccination squad had gone on holiday! 

Well we identified over 1000 cases so I would say its safe to say there were at least 3 times that.

We are a lot less vulnerable than we were in December and January when it got into the community and did very little real harm.

I honestly don’t believe it will cause and issue when it gets back given where we are now.  Chances are we will know well before the 28th anyway.

Bank Holiday and the pubs are full of people fresh off the boat and plane.

27 minutes ago, Cambon said:

That's right. Probably nearer 40% with antibodies here. If we open up it will go through our population like a dose of salts. No chance of it happening for at least a month later. 

32 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Is it? Is that why they are talking about vaccinations for over 12's? 

Virtually all babies are already vaccinated against other diseases. 

Children need to be counted. You would have to be a complete idiot to leave them out!

So you’re just counting 12-16 in your figures which nobody else is or are you counting all children from 0 for whom it’s not authorized, if so your figures are even more wrong 

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's right. Probably nearer 40% with antibodies here. If we open up it will go through our population like a dose of salts. No chance of it happening for at least a month later. 

Good.  Let it. Get to herd immunity quicker that way

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, we will see. I think come 28th, Howard will allow sponsored visits for friends as well as family. However, I don't see much more than that, especially if Boris kicks the can down the road.

He won’t do anything until Guernsey announce today what they are doing & then copy. 
Any delay here will lead to more flights cancelled, lots of losses for hospitality & more taxpayers money to fund Logan Air, IOM SPCO , hotels, restaurants etc 

Edited by Banker

3 hours ago, Apple said:

I am not sure on what the Governments current strategy is now

Are you telling us that you have been sure what the Government's strategy has been up until now - apart from 'making it up as we go along'?  Because if you alone have, you are a god above we mortals.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

He won’t do anything until Guernsey announce today what they are doing & then copy. 
Any delay here will lead to more flights cancelled, lots of losses for hospitality & more taxpayers money to fund Logan Air, IOM SPCO , hotels, restaurants etc 

Guernsey announces unrestricted travel within the common travel area from 1 July, reviewed every 14 days.