IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, On the inside said:

Guernsey announces unrestricted travel within the common travel area from 1 July, reviewed every 14 days.

Not quite. Only if you are fully vaccinated (and 14 days have lapsed since your second vaccination)

If you are not fully vaccinated then you are still subject to quarantine restrictions based on what countries & region you've been in.

1 minute ago, swoopy2110 said:

Not quite. Only if you are fully vaccinated (and 14 days have lapsed since your second vaccination)

If you are not fully vaccinated then you are still subject to quarantine restrictions based on what countries & region you've been in.

Be interesting to see how much we have to pay for vaccine proof then? Papers please!

29 minutes ago, On the inside said:

Guernsey announces unrestricted travel within the common travel area from 1 July, reviewed every 14 days.

Here’s the update, expect Howie announcement Monday!! If follow suit and announce no restrictions for fully vaccinated, more questions on the 2 weeks holidays, if we don’t more questions on what data Jersey & Guernsey use as opposed to us!!

https://www.channel103.com/news/guernsey/fully-vaccinated-can-arrive-without-test-or-isolation-from-1-july/

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

So none of those people would have died if it wasn’t for COVID?

They were all perfectly healthy people who happened to contract COVID and then die?  Is that really what you think?

People die all the time for lots of reasons.  At any given time a certain percentage of people will test positive for COVID in a 28 day period.

Sometimes those two groups of people overlap. Ie someone who happens to test positive for CoVId was going to die anyway, from cancer, heart disease, embolism, old age, serious injury or even suicide.

Doesnt matter how many jabs any of the above have had.

I'm well aware that folks die all the time thank you.

I'm of the age group where the only chance I get to wear a suit it's the black one.

Aunty telling it like it is after the blindingly obvious headline:

"There have been nearly 30,000 new UK cases of the variant in the past week.

"The Public Health England report says it is likely to spread more easily and could make people more seriously ill."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57441677

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm well aware that folks die all the time thank you.

I'm of the age group where the only chance I get to wear a suit it's the black one.

Aunty telling it like it is after the blindingly obvious headline:

"There have been nearly 30,000 new UK cases of the variant in the past week.

"The Public Health England report says it is likely to spread more easily and could make people more seriously ill."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57441677

The BBC contradicting itself in 2 stories on the same page, they need investigating after all this is over and done with for the sheer fear-mongering incompetence in editorial control.

However, the data on its own does not tell the full story. There is evidence the people being admitted to hospital are younger and less seriously ill than in previous waves, and so need less treatment and spend less time in hospital. There seems to be very few doubled-jabbed patients despite those being the most at risk of serious illness - providing further confidence about just how well the vaccines work.

That in turn will mean many many fewer deaths. In a couple of weeks, scientists believe they will be able to give ministers a better idea of what is going to happen than they can now, meaning there will be greater confidence about the impact of a full unlocking.

Edited by The Chief

8 minutes ago, The Chief said:

The BBC contradicting itself in 2 stories on the same page, they need investigating after all this is over and done with for the sheer fear-mongering incompetence in editorial control.

I doubt that very much indeed.

The piece I posted up was about how infections were rising.

The extracts you posted up were from an article speculating on what the rise in infections MIGHT mean to hospital admissions because there is as yet insufficient data to reach firm conclusions.

Dear me. Just more picking and choosing to back the agenda....

"It's very clear where infection rates are heading now - and it's not where we wanted to be or thought we would be just a few weeks ago. That's why we're concerned," says one of the scientists on Sage, the group which advises ministers.

"What is less clear, however, is what this means for hospital cases.

"It is often said that vaccination has broken the link between infections and hospitalisations - and if people are not getting seriously sick, then it does not matter if infection levels rise.

"But at this stage it appears to have weakened it rather than broken it. Admissions have already started rising, albeit not as fast as they did in September, the last time infections were rising at this rate.

"The rate of hospitalisations appears to be less than half of what it was then, although there are only a few days of data to draw on so scientists cannot be certain. This is one of the reasons why they are asking ministers for more time to monitor the data."

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The extracts you posted up were from an article speculating on what the rise in infections MIGHT mean to hospital admissions because there is as yet insufficient data to reach firm conclusions.

Dear me. Just more picking and choosing to back the agenda.

Pot Kettle Black, say no more😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Dear me. Just more picking and choosing to back the agenda....

You must be mixing me up with someone else, my only agenda is that decisions should be made on the best for the whole population of both islands, not a bunch of facebook karen's scared of their own shadows, or by politicians beholden to lobby groups with big chequebooks.

Edited by The Chief
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

So you’re just counting 12-16 in your figures which nobody else is or are you counting all children from 0 for whom it’s not authorized, if so your figures are even more wrong 

No. I am counting the entire population. It is you who is saying people under 16 don't count. Thing is, they cannot be vaccinated but they can still catch and spread it. At this point in time it is up to the over 16s to create enough antibodies to protect them. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Chief said:

You must be mixing me up with someone else, my only agenda is that decisions should be made on the best for the whole population of both islands, not a bunch of facebook karen's scared of their own shadows, or by politicians beholden to lobby groups with big chequebooks.

Which lobby groups would they be?

22 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Well at least that’s something, he’s recognized people want to travel, probably getting ready for his holidays post September 😀

STATES OF GUERNSEY. ( especially for Banker so he can moan/cream his pants/tell us “told you so” )

As prevalence levels continue to rise across the UK, the Civil Contingencies Authority (CCA) has made the difficult decision to amend planned changes to travel rules, which are due to take effect from 1 July.

Those travelling from the UK, who have had both doses of their vaccine, with the second dose being at least 14 days prior to arriving, will be able to travel to The Islands of Guernsey from 1 July with no testing or self-isolation requirements on arrival.

For those not yet fully vaccinated, they will have to continue to follow the Categories system we have in place. See which category you are in here: https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/countries

This decision will be reviewed every two weeks. Read more here: gov.gg/julytravelrules