IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

51 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

House of Parliament summer recess date:

July 22nd.

That’s all anyone really needed to know.

Finish ‘work’ & off on their jollies.

I think I posted it further up I can't remember but the Scottish government have voted to keep the Emergency powers going until September 2022, doesn't exactly scream this will be over soon.

“The group feels strongly that every effort should be made to progress the vaccination programme to ensure each adult has had two vaccinations as soon as”

Right.  So is anyone actually going to ask the clowns in charge why they haven’t done any for a fortnight.

I haven’t checked SM since this load of crap was published yesterday but I sincerely hope people are up in arms.

I also hope public pressure mounts to such a point that they go ahead with the 28th June. We should just be another county in England for this.  Who really cares about a few cases these days when the impact of not opening up is so huge?  I can’t believe people are so scared of a virus that those who need to be have been vaccinated against.

People have truly lost their minds if they are happy to keep living like this now the risk is so tiny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I hope you're wrong.  I think we are extremely close to getting this 'sorted'. Another month should see the vaccinations in the UK at a level where we are able to say, OK, now we live with it.  I truly don't think its right now however, not with the increase in infections and hospitalisations in the UK.

Another month?  We are there already and in “another month” you and others will be saying “another month”

Over 80% of adults in the UK have a level of protection.

That’s about 80 percent more than were ever actually at risk.

Madness

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I hope you're wrong.  I think we are extremely close to getting this 'sorted'. Another month should see the vaccinations in the UK at a level where we are able to say, OK, now we live with it.  I truly don't think its right now however, not with the increase in infections and hospitalisations in the UK.

Thommo is right.

Next month it'll be another variant.  And the month after.

It's a shame the government don't publish statistics each week on hospitalisation and death of everyone.  So we can see the context.

The problem of course is that those advising government purely want to cover their own backsides (understandable) and the government the same (understandable) but there is no way out of this if there isn't an acceptance of covid as a daily thing to live with.

The people that need vaccinating are vaccinated.    It won't be long before we are at the stage people need it again etc.  Where do you draw the line?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

“The group feels strongly that every effort should be made to progress the vaccination programme to ensure each adult has had two vaccinations as soon as”

Right.  So is anyone actually going to ask the clowns in charge why they haven’t done any for a fortnight.

I haven’t checked SM since this load of crap was published yesterday but I sincerely hope people are up in arms.

I also hope public pressure mounts to such a point that they go ahead with the 28th June. We should just be another county in England for this.  Who really cares about a few cases these days when the impact of not opening up is so huge?  I can’t believe people are so scared of a virus that those who need to be have been vaccinated against.

People have truly lost their minds if they are happy to keep living like this now the risk is so tiny.

“people in this country have had enough of experts”.

10 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Go mate. By the time they come to the 19th of July there will be another variant. Then it will be another month then it will be sacrifice autumn to save Christmas. Rinse and repeat. Take the chance while you have it. 

Yeah , go mate and take Banker with you . Thanks

8 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What's stopping you going?

10 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Go mate. By the time they come to the 19th of July there will be another variant. Then it will be another month then it will be sacrifice autumn to save Christmas. Rinse and repeat. Take the chance while you have it. 

I’ve not had both jabs yet, and I share a household with people who can’t have one. 

As much as selfishly, I’d like to go away, I’m not going to jeopardise them for the sake of getting my 2nd done and waiting a couple of weeks for that to work. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I hope I am wrong but looking at the evidence of the past 16 months or so I just can't see it.

It started with a 3 month lockdown to protect the NHS 

Then a lockdown to allow the vaccine

Then a lockdown to protect christmas (which was then scrapped)

we are now at the stage where the experts are talking about CASES spiking, the narrative of protect the NHS has gone it is now about cases. The goalposts just seem to be moved all the time.

As I have said further up in Scotland the government are allowing 6,000 fans to attend a fanzone every day of euro 2020 and 12,000 fans to attend Hampden for the football but denied this a month ago when the cases per 100k was lower, they have stopped parents going to their kids graduations, there is very little sense in certain restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

I would agree with you 100%, but you second paragraph is the killer. I agree we should be aligning with UK. But we haven't. Nothing like. In 6 weeks we might be.

The clowns have stuffed it up.

20 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I’ve not had both jabs yet, and I share a household with people who can’t have one. 

As much as selfishly, I’d like to go away, I’m not going to jeopardise them for the sake of getting my 2nd done and waiting a couple of weeks for that to work. 

Jeopardise what?  The risks are absolutely minute.

Thisbkind of thinking is what is holding everybody back.  All rational thought has gone out of the window

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Jeopardise what?  The risks are absolutely minute.

Thisbkind of thinking is what is holding everybody back.  All rational thought has gone out of the window

I doubt I’d be flavour of the month, if because of my impatience, I came back, tested positive and we were all locked up for 2 weeks.