IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

It's interesting to note pretty much everyone was baffled by the lack of an emergency advisory committee, and now one has finally been set up theres a load of kick off because they do't like what it came up with.

To be fair would you expect anything different?

You can also guarantee that if Comin don't take up the recommendations of the EAG then there will be people moaning about that too.

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

If 80% of people are vaccinated and effectively turn into asymptomatic cases then you need to wait until the virus hits the unvaccinated population.  Testing within 48 hours will not pick up everything, you only need to look at the number of day 6 tests previously.

Unless 111 change their testing requirements and allow vaccinated people to come forward with slight cold symptoms and I can’t see that happening, then until unvaccinated people end up in hospital with Covid we will carry on as normal blissfully unaware.

If you ring 111 with symptoms,  they will tell you to go for a test. People are doing this but coming back negative.

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

If 80% of people are vaccinated and effectively turn into asymptomatic cases then you need to wait until the virus hits the unvaccinated population.  Testing within 48 hours will not pick up everything, you only need to look at the number of day 6 tests previously.

Unless 111 change their testing requirements and allow vaccinated people to come forward with slight cold symptoms and I can’t see that happening, then until unvaccinated people end up in hospital with Covid we will carry on as normal blissfully unaware.

Like that's a bad thing?

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Where do you get that information? Can you substantiate this? 

Surely its impossible to know.

Antibody tests in numerous countries.  Far more people have antibodies than have ever had symptoms.

Plus just looking at the outbreak here this year.  Loads of people identified as close contacts tested positive.  If they hadn't been tested they would have had no idea.

Most people never know they have it.

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No it isn't.

The majority of people do not know they have had it.

People don’t want to believe that.  People want to believe that every case is someone laid up in bed for weeks, probably in ICU and with long COVID that destroys the rest of their life.

In reality most of those who are scared of catching it have probably already had it and not even noticed?

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

People don’t want to believe that.  People want to believe that every case is someone laid up in bed for weeks, probably in ICU and with long COVID that destroys the rest of their life.

In reality most of those who are scared of catching it have probably already had it and not even noticed?

I see the point and do, in part, agree.

I like to differentiate between facts and opinions that's all

My view is open up. But we must not fool ourselves that there will not be casualties.

But open up, because we cant go on like this forever. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

How did they know they had it then?

Because they were made to have a test due to being a close contact, Orr hospital admission etc.

The test came back positive.  If they hadn’t been selected for a test they wouldn’t have known.

Me included.  Not a single symptom