IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

why the efficacy can never be 100% and double jabbed people will still die. Just like infirm people still die of flu and pneumonia even after vaccination.

Thinks of course true, but the graph I posted this morning shows there are currently LESS deaths as a result than at any other point in the five years the graph shows.

So, for the hard of thinking.  More people were dieing in the same week in 2016, 2017 etc.

42 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Thinks of course true, but the graph I posted this morning shows there are currently LESS deaths as a result than at any other point in the five years the graph shows.

So, for the hard of thinking.  More people were dieing in the same week in 2016, 2017 etc.

Hardly surprising as the last two springs wiped out a large proportion of those who would be passing away naturally now. This is also shown in your graph. 

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Hardly surprising as the last two springs wiped out a large proportion of those who would be passing away naturally now. This is also shown in your graph. 

So if for example all those people were still alive now and has been jabbed do you think they would still die?  Bearing in mind the protection the vaccine gives both from illness and catching it in the first place.

Some of them would, a lot of them wouldn’t.  

It’s been a very bleak and unfortunate 18 months but is over now.  The risk no longer justifies the restrictions.

Time to move on.

25 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So if for example all those people were still alive now and has been jabbed do you think they would still die?  Bearing in mind the protection the vaccine gives both from illness and catching it in the first place.

Some of them would, a lot of them wouldn’t.  

It’s been a very bleak and unfortunate 18 months but is over now.  The risk no longer justifies the restrictions.

Time to move on.

What restrictions? You are free to travel to and from the uk, and you have. Your family can travel across to see you. 

The only thing still in place is a ban on tourism. That will be lifted when the time is right. However, it will not be before schools out for summmer, even if they end the term early. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What restrictions? You are free to travel to and from the uk, and you have. Your family can travel across to see you. 

The only thing still in place is a ban on tourism. That will be lifted when the time is right. However, it will not be before schools out for summmer, even if they end the term early. 

Everyone has restricted access back to the island. That is a restriction in my book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I can’t easily go and do work trips.  I can’t bring friends here. We have wok that needs doing on a few jobs that require people from off island. 

People are losing their livelihoods.  If we don’t open at end of June and loads of places have to refund the bookings they have taken expect to see several go under.

Anyone who thinks it’s only the tourists and tourist industry who are being adversely impacted doesn’t live in the real world 

• Like 2

Heard it on the news this morning for the first time talking about the seasonal pressure on the NHS in the winter, someone talking about if we don't open up fairly soon (the UK) then the window will have gone. I said a while back the pressure on the NHS in the winter would be used as another excuse

24 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Heard it on the news this morning for the first time talking about the seasonal pressure on the NHS in the winter, someone talking about if we don't open up fairly soon (the UK) then the window will have gone. I said a while back the pressure on the NHS in the winter would be used as another excuse

Perpetual lockdowns rock.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I can’t easily go and do work trips.  I can’t bring friends here. We have wok that needs doing on a few jobs that require people from off island. 

People are losing their livelihoods.  If we don’t open at end of June and loads of places have to refund the bookings they have taken expect to see several go under.

Anyone who thinks it’s only the tourists and tourist industry who are being adversely impacted doesn’t live in the real world 

Spot on.

A case in point is the Coop store and Costa in Crosby are awaiting end of border restrictions so the shop fitters can get over and fit out. I can assume that’s also the same reason why the KFC and Starbucks site hasn’t been touched. 

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

If you have genuine need to bring people over to do jobs, you can get them over. 

You say you cannot easily do business trips, but it is not that difficult and is doable. 

You cannot bring friends here, but nothing stopping you going and seeing them. 

A month ago you were calling for the exact situation we have now. When we do finally remove restrictions from the borders, you will still find something to moan about! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Spot on.

A case in point is the Coop store and Costa in Crosby are awaiting end of border restrictions so the shop fitters can get over and fit out. I can assume that’s also the same reason why the KFC and Starbucks site hasn’t been touched. 

Not really. Those sorts of jobs are now allowed, provided you follow the guidelines. 

• Confused 2