IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

If you have genuine need to bring people over to do jobs, you can get them over. 

You say you cannot easily do business trips, but it is not that difficult and is doable. 

You cannot bring friends here, but nothing stopping you going and seeing them. 

A month ago you were calling for the exact situation we have now. When we do finally remove restrictions from the borders, you will still find something to moan about! 

Nope.

All I have ever wanted is free travel to and from the UK and would have no issue living with local restrictions like masks in order to allow it.

Its the selfish who can’t see the impacts on others who want everything closed down

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Not really. Those sorts of jobs are now allowed, provided you follow the guidelines. 

Where are you getting that from?  111 and the general COVID advice line have repeatedly told us they aren’t and it’s only immediate family and property owners allowed over.  Still no sponsored business travel according to the people who are supposed to advise.

@Cambonyou are wrong, again.

Plenty of people needed here to complete various projects currently not allowed

• Entry permitted only for key workers required for preservation of life, public safety and CNI
  • Controlled return of residents
  • Those entering required to complete Landing Form for contact tracing

My main concerns would be any plans to extend the vaccination programme to young adults and children. These groups have been shown to be at reduced risk.

Until phase 3 testing on the Pfizer vaccination has been completed by 2023 then last week's approval for 'emergency use' by the Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority should not be considered.

Didn't we learn anything from the Thalidomide and contaminated blood products scandals ?

I know several parents who are determined their children will not be vaccinated.

Added later - Just read Lagmans posts on the who will have the vaccine thread. Good read.

Edited by Apple
more info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Apple said:

My main concerns would be any plans to extend the vaccination programme to young adults and children. These groups have been shown to be at reduced risk.

Until phase 3 testing on the Pfizer vaccination has been completed by 2023 then last week's approval for 'emergency use' by the Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority should not be considered.

Didn't we learn anything from the Thalidomide and contaminated blood products scandals ?

I know several parents who are determined their children will not be vaccinated.

Added later - Just read Lagmans posts on the who will have the vaccine thread. Good read.

Just get your facts right though. Thalidomide was a drug and not a vaccine. Totally different. Very poor comparison. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

@Cambonyou are wrong, again.

Plenty of people needed here to complete various projects currently not allowed

• Entry permitted only for key workers required for preservation of life, public safety and CNI
  • Controlled return of residents
  • Those entering required to complete Landing Form for contact tracing

I am shocked! I just looked at the gov.im website and I admit this is a rare occasion that I am wrong! It is only key workers. However, when the announcement was made on the radio, they did say that people with work contracts could now come over, proved they test and isolate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I am shocked! I just looked at the gov.im website and I admit this is a rare occasion that I am wrong! It is only key workers. However, when the announcement was made on the radio, they did say that people with work contracts could now come over, proved they test and isolate. 

That is people relocating to a new job.

There is zero logic behind having made the key worker restrictions tighter when they opened other stuff up.

As is the IOM COVID way.  No place for common sense or logic.

It is causing a lot of businesses a lot of issues - not surprisingly 

• Like 1

I’ve resigned myself to the thought it’s never ending.

One massive climate change last roll of the dice.

I’m glad I did my travel when I got the chance. A shame my parents won’t get to enjoy their retirement as was planned & will likely die here unable to fulfil dreams.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’ve resigned myself to the thought it’s never ending.

One massive climate change last roll of the dice.

I’m glad I did my travel when I got the chance. A shame my parents won’t get to enjoy their retirement as was planned & will likely die here unable to fulfil dreams.

That's amazing.

6 hours ago, Apple said:

All approved by regulatory authorities. 'nuff said. 

• Haha 1