IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Scipio said:

Now that is more like the thinking. I find it quite unethical to be giving children something that would not benefit them and could actually harm them, for the perceived benefit of others.

8 billion people, reoccurring with boosters.

Follow the money, it’s always about the money.

Double jab, double bubble.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

Just now, Nom de plume said:

8 billion people, reoccurring with boosters.

Follow the money, it’s always about the money.

That's what that antivax doc on C4 the other week said too.

I don't really see the need to be jabbing kids for this right now, be far better off sending vaccines everywhere else really, but comparing it to child abuse is just weird.

Still, covid has fucked up peoples brains.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Gef reporting LFT (home) to be used in secondary schools from 21 June 

I was shot down when I said this was necessary but this is one of their better decisions.

If we didn't have this 50% of the population could be in isolation not long after the borders fully open.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's what that antivax doc on C4 the other week said too.

I don't really see the need to be jabbing kids for this right now, be far better off sending vaccines everywhere else really, but comparing it to child abuse is just weird.

Still, covid has fucked up peoples brains.

I’m no anti-vaxer, in fact I’m up for my second dose next week.

I wouldn’t mind being in on the cartel that’s producing 8000,000,000 doses x 2 initially, then ensuring it’s a requirement moving forward.

Even at £10 a pop, it’d buy me a nice second hand Dacia Duster.

So many questions ….

21 minutes ago, Scipio said:

I find it quite unethical to be giving children something that would not benefit them and could actually harm them, for the perceived benefit of others.

Until the vaccines have been finalised in phase 3 testing (? by next year) then the evidence to say there is little or no risk is not there.

The role of the adults is to protect the needs of children, not the other way round. 

The terminology in this argument has unfortunately eroded the debate / issue but may yet end up as being a very difficult and polarising choice for many parents, 

Edited by Apple
add brackets

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I wouldn’t mind being in on the cartel that’s producing 8000,000,000 doses x 2 initially, then ensuring it’s a requirement moving forward.

So many questions ….

Oh it's serious money for sure, those Pfizer doses still going out at £30 a go? They must have covered their costs and made a tidy profit by now, time to drop those prices. Weren't the oxford ones supposed to be at or very close to cost?

There's a lot goes on with Big Pharma, some very dodgy practices indeed and its not a surprise that people are at the very least suspicious. US drug prices are fucking insane, mostly because the US is, and that impacts the rest of the world. Badly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh it's serious money for sure, those Pfizer doses still going out at £30 a go? They must have covered their costs and made a tidy profit by now, time to drop those prices. Weren't the oxford ones supposed to be at or very close to cost?

There's a lot goes on with Big Pharma, some very dodgy practices indeed and its not a surprise that people are at the very least suspicious. US drug prices are fucking insane, mostly because the US is, and that impacts the rest of the world. Badly.

This is the list of what the EU is paying:

• Oxford/AstraZeneca: €1.78 (£1.61).

• Johnson & Johnson: $8.50 (£6.30).

• Sanofi/GSK: €7.56.

• Pfizer/BioNTech: €12.

• CureVac: €10.

• Moderna: $18.

The US will pay $4 a dose for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

So many questions ….

Prior to the current situation vaccines were generally perceived as not being considered particularly profitable for pharmaceutical companies to invest in. Far better to develop some drug that needs taking constantly.

Perhaps this is the exception.

1 minute ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Prior to the current situation vaccines were generally perceived as not being considered particularly profitable for pharmaceutical companies to invest in. Far better to develop some drug that needs taking constantly.

Perhaps this is the exception.

Or that drug is around the corner with the new variant ….

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Are MMR vaccines akin to child abuse? Just askin'.

Attractive at first glance, but you’re trying to compare apples with unicorns. There’s no analogy, is there, Andy?

Mumps, Measles and Rubella are, generally, diseases of child hood and can have devastating effects. The jab protects the children, immunity is long term, so early vaccination has significant benefits.

Covid doesn’t seem to have significant effect on children who catch it, vaccination apparently offers no long term protection, probably requiring annual boosters. The benefit of vaccinating is to stop children being a vector of transmission to adults rather than protect children.

Wouldn’t say it was akin to abuse, but there are difficult ethical considerations and serious efficacy benefit analysis questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1