IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/comin-proposes-unrestricted-travel-for-fully-vaccinated-residents/

If approved, from June 28, fully vaccinated residents and non-residents will be able to travel without testing or isolation whilst restrictions would remain in place for those who haven't had both doses.

Edited by snowman

The so the young who were never at risk and who have given up so much to protect the oldies, are now going to be at a disadvantage to the oldies when it comes to travel as well!

Lovely.

Makes me even more annoyed that they are slow with the double jabs.  Imagine being able to make that announcement and proudly state that we had second jabbed tens of thousands  of extra people effectively giving islanders unrestricted travel.

• Like 1

Another big change is the removal of the requirement to isolate if you have been a close contact of a positive case. That will make a huge difference in how we live with the inevitable community cases that will pop up at some point.

And yes, happening from 28th.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 18.13.00.png

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 1

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

Another big change is the removal of the requirement to isolate if you have been a close contact of a positive case. That will make a huge difference in how we live with the inevitable community cases that will pop up at some point.

There will be COVID party’s so people can get it and not have to isolate (assuming they do what the rest of the world seem to be doing, and a precious positive case counts the same as two jabs)

Off to write a business plan

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

There will be COVID party’s so people can get it and not have to isolate (assuming they do what the rest of the world seem to be doing, and a precious positive case counts the same as two jabs)

You may be wasting your time -there is no credit for previous infection that I can see in the order.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/20182021/2021-SD-0205.pdf

23 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You are starting to sound a bit silly now! 

24 minutes ago, Cambon said:

You are starting to sound a bit silly now! 

Why?

If I hadn’t already had it, and if it meant I could travel freely from the end of the month I would happily meet an infected person on the hope of catching it.

I assume you wouldn’t, and that’s your choice.

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Why?

If I hadn’t already had it, and if it meant I could travel freely from the end of the month I would happily meet an infected person on the hope of catching it.

I assume you wouldn’t, and that’s your choice.

Seriously? When you have already had one jab and your second is imminent? 

Of course I wouldn't! It is a stupid idea! 

1 hour ago, snowman said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/comin-proposes-unrestricted-travel-for-fully-vaccinated-residents/

If approved, from June 28, fully vaccinated residents and non-residents will be able to travel without testing or isolation whilst restrictions would remain in place for those who haven't had both doses.

Fantastic news.  At last some pragmatism. I just hope if (when) we start getting cases, they don't succumb to the inevitable calls for retrograde steps.

• Like 4