IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Fantastic news.  At last some pragmatism. I just hope if (when) we start getting cases, they don't succumb to the inevitable calls for retrograde steps.

Keep an eye on the CIs. 70 active cases so far, and they have not started 2+2 yet. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Fantastic news.  At last some pragmatism. I just hope if (when) we start getting cases, they don't succumb to the inevitable calls for retrograde steps.

Will it cause an issue with the UK when we have no restrictions here whatsoever though? UK still has social distancing/mask wearing where they feel it’s appropriate, while we try and pretend it’s 2019 as soon as a lockdown is lifted. 

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Will it cause an issue with the UK when we have no restrictions here whatsoever though? UK still has social distancing/mask wearing where they feel it’s appropriate, while we try and pretend it’s 2019 as soon as a lockdown is lifted. 

Not sure I understand.  Where would the issue be here or there? 

The piece by gef mentions the NHS app:

"For those who are coming to the island from the UK, they will need to provide documentation from their GP or other forms of confirmation such as the NHS App. The Manx Gov has told Gef plans are being put into action to ensure Manx residents will also have the required documentation in time for the change to take effect."

I'm reading that as it will be available from the 28th

Edited by snowman

6 minutes ago, trmpton said:

How many dead? Or even ill?

Well, from this wave, 70 ill as at yesterday but none serious or dead yet. But it is only just beginning. Most cases are in Jersey where it is firmly in the community. As of Monday just gone (I think) they dropped masks and social distancing. Not sure about Guernseys situation. 

As someone who is about to get my second dose and wants to travel to the UK without restriction it is welcome news, however I have children, so unfortunately it will not make that much difference to me or other families with young children. Whilst I understand the reasoning behind the new rules, it makes me uncomfortable that we are creating divisions amoungst our travelling population within our common travel area. It is pragmatic, but also smacks of coercion. By all means persuade through adverts and messaging, but to create a sub group whether it be children, younger yet to be vaccinated people or frankly people that do not want the vaccine, leaves me cold. I hope that this situation only lasts until August when everyone can hopefully  travel equally without restrictions.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

The piece by gef mentions the NHS app:

"For those who are coming to the island from the UK, they will need to provide documentation from their GP or other forms of confirmation such as the NHS App. The Manx Gov has told Gef plans are being put into action to ensure Manx residents will also have the required documentation in time for the change to take effect."

Not sure if that means it will be available from the 28th or not. Unclear 

As soon as I have had my second jab I will be on to my GP for a certificate. 

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not sure I understand.  Where would the issue be here or there? 

Potentially here, assuming we will still have no social distancing, no restrictions on gatherings and no mask wearing whatsoever, it makes us stand out from the rest of the UK, it must be very odd for an island resident currently to go from no restrictions here to the UK which still has some odd restrictions in place (only 6 per table at a wedding for example, 30 max guests, no dance floors although bizarrely private venues are allowed)

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Well, from this wave, 70 ill as at yesterday but none serious or dead yet. But it is only just beginning. Most cases are in Jersey where it is firmly in the community. As of Monday just gone (I think) they dropped masks and social distancing. Not sure about Guernseys situation. 

Ill?  Not cases, people who are actually ill?

48 active cases in Jersey today.  That isn't 48 people who are ill is it?