IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Not really, working in a health care setting they are dealing with more vulnerable people than those they would interact with in a pub

Clearly don't know what you're talking about

In one post you've denigrated the attentive workers who keep people safe 

PPE works

More risk catching it in community than at an outpatient clinic !

Edited by snowman

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Loads of articles online about thousands catching covid in hospital. 

Dentists, opticians, care workers, receptionists, et al

All unable to go off island thanks to the pitchfork brigade

Edited by snowman

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

How would that work.  Because every country in Europe, Asia and Africa all neighbour each other.  Should they all have the same restrictions?

That where the green list for countries come in, all green list countries should have the same objective, if UK residents have restrictions and yet we have absolutely nothing when they come on holiday/visit family then it makes an absolute mockery of us.

Edited by Annoymouse

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Thats not ill though.  You said people were ill. 

Having a runny nose doesn't make you ill.  It makes you have a runny nose.

You use inflammatory language to try and exaggerate a point.

70 people testing positive is a non issue.  If they were all previously fit and healthy people who were now in ICU you would have a point and it would be a real concern.

Some people with no symptoms and some with cold like symptoms aren't a concern or even worth mentioning.

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, as I said to Gladys earlier today, we need to keep an eye on the CIs, because they are basically three weeks ahead of us, and Jersey has had similar restrictions to England, but still, the virus is moving fast. So far, nobody is seriously ill. If or when that changes we need to take note and act accordingly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, as I said to Gladys earlier today, we need to keep an eye on the CIs, because they are basically three weeks ahead of us, and Jersey has had similar restrictions to England, but still, the virus is moving fast. So far, nobody is seriously ill. If or when that changes we need to take note and act accordingly.

Agreed.  One of the differences between you and I though (and there are many 😀) is that you assume "when" and I assume "if".

You think worst case is inevitable and I just cant see it happening.

Either way we just need this thing done with and the only option seems to be vaccinations.  At least we did over 100 today, taking our 14 day average up to about 85.  Good work IOMG.  I am sure there will be people along soon to congratulate them.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, snowman said:

I think it's bullshit that health workers have to stay away from work for 10 days 

It is bullshit because nurses and doctors at the hospital are able to go back to work after they have had their first clear test.

1 hour ago, snowman said:

All unable to go off island thanks to the pitchfork brigade

Where are you getting this from? Have you actually asked any of these workplaces if this is true or are you just getting this information from a person down the pub?

20 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We need to accept people will have covid, be ill and sometimes die from it.  That's all we really need to do.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It will be interesting to see how this is administered.

Who checks vaccine status and where? Do we just go for it or do we still need to let IOMG know our travel plans?

Direction notices will still need to be issued for the unjabbed I would have thought.

RR numbers and Landing Forms.

Border Force will be responsible

• Like 1