IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

47 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

My wife tells me I'm not a very nice person sometimes, but my personal favourite was seeing land whales turned away at Disneyworld for being too big to fit into the roller coaster seats which had been specially designed to fit even the morbidly obese of America.

I was thinking more along the lines of vision standards for driving and hiked or refused insurance premiums for pre existing medical conditions. Obesity is normally something you can address - but if you are too short to go on a roller coaster, then that is outside of your control.

40 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Both my son and daughter are in their twenties and have their second jab next month.  Government can be criticised for having a couple of weeks off, definitely, but jabs are progressing and that is where pressure needs to applied.

Yeah.  Nearly 600 second jabs administered in the last 17 days to yesterday, an average of 34 a day across two hubs.

I have three trips already booked between now and when I will be deemed safe not to isolate.  Does seem harsh that I have to lose potentially 6 day and fork out money each time but hey ho.  At least it’s a tiny bit of progress.

Another kick in the teeth for hospitality though, because come end of June the islands oldies who have been complaining for months about people needing to travel will all be off to the UK to spend their pensions that they have previously been spending in the cafes etc here, with no easing of border restrictions to allow people from the UK to come here and take their place unless immediate family.

Edited by trmpton

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yeah.  Nearly 600 second jabs administered in the last 17 days to yesterday, an average of 34 a day across two hubs.

I have three trips already booked between now and when I will be deemed safe not to isolate.  Does seem harsh that I have to lose potentially 6 day and fork out money each time but hey ho.  At least it’s a tiny bit of progress.

Another kick in the teeth for hospitality though, because come end of June the islands oldies who have been complaining for months about people needing to travel will all be off to the UK to spend their pensions that they have previously been spending in the cafes etc here, with no easing of border restrictions to allow people from the UK to come here and take their place unless immediate family.

I thought the Airport hub had closed. 
Also proposed to relax all conditions for visitors fully vaccinated if Tynwald approves today. 

3 minutes ago, forestboy said:

I thought the Airport hub had closed. 
Also proposed to relax all conditions for visitors fully vaccinated if Tynwald approves today. 

Airport open for a few weeks yet.

Also, proposal only applies to the people entitled to visit under current border levels (unless anyone has seen different?)

Press haven’t reported very clearly and people who think their friends can come and visit, or Doris can come on holiday like she does every year are wrong - as I understand the proposal

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Can non residents take advantage of the test and release protocol in unjabbed 2+2?

No.  Not unless immediate family or friends.  This really hasn’t been made very clear.

Borders still closed as they were before, but those who can come and go get the new 2  + 2 - unless anyone has seen anything that says different 

• Like 1