IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I can't understand the new regs for children. If they are over 5yrs old how do they get two jabs. If they aren't jabbed do they have to isolate even if their parent is jabbed?........typically confusing?

Hang in there true to form you can expect numerous press updates to clarify this sort of thing as the brains trust realise the issues they havent covered or thought about . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I can't understand the new regs for children. If they are over 5yrs old how do they get two jabs. If they aren't jabbed do they have to isolate even if their parent is jabbed?........typically confusing?

According to the regs, anyone over 5 has to isolate as anyone else without their jabs would and get tested. Though, they can isolate without the whole household isolating provided they give a negative sample.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Your Mrs says it sounds right enough to her. 

How lovely.  You base that on the fact that I want the borders open?  Which incidentally is much more for her benefit than mine.  Most of my friends and family are here.

18 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

According to the regs, anyone over 5 has to isolate as anyone else without their jabs would and get tested. Though, they can isolate without the whole household isolating provided they give a negative sample.

Isolate until they get a negative test result on day 0 and then carry on with life as normal ? 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

No, I based it on my opinion that your wife might think you’re a bit of an arsehole and would welcome a break. 

Wow. Cheers.  It's meant to be a discussion forum and I try to avoid being personal.  It wasn't me that called you uneducated by the way.  Someone else came to that conclusion.

You have your viewpoint and I have mine.  The point of a discussion is to put both sides and arguments for and against.  Not gang up with your pals and get snidy.

Especially since largely this week the government have agreed more with those of us who wanted to open up than those of you who wanted to keep closed and push dates back, and most MHKs will be reacting to feedback from their constituents.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Surely it's common sense. Kids haven't been double vaccinated therefore would need to isolate until their first test comes back.

This is stupid in my book - they should have waited another month till all the over 50s we're jabbed and those jabs took effect (after another 2 weeks). They've only just started on the over 50s with second jabs. Their two week break giving jabs out might well end up killing someone in that age group given this approach.

I was hoping to go out gracefully with old age - or at least rescuing someone. Not via a fecking train spotter from Bolton popping in for half a pint in the Rovers.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

This is stupid in my book - they should have waited another month till all the over 50s we're jabbed and those jabs took effect (after another 2 weeks). They've only just started on the over 50s with second jabs. Their two week break giving jabs out might well end up killing someone in that age group given this approach.

Oh shut up.  

How many people under 60 have died on the Isle of Man since this began?  One or two?

There is no obligation to leave the island.  There's no obligation to leave a lead lined bunker either.  

That sort of paranoid thinking is exactly the sort of "keep the borders closed" type are loving. It's odd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That sort of paranoid thinking is exactly the sort of "keep the borders closed" type are loving

There's another type of paranoid thinking out there too. Have a read of the letter Ian Kermode has issued. 

"Tynwald has agreed to change the Island’s border policy on June 28.

From that date both residents and non-residents will be able to move freely on and off-Island if they've been fully vaccinated.

It means people must have had both doses of their vaccine and two weeks must have passed since."

That means that any new cases found on the Island will have been brought in by the jabbers and don't think that that won't happen.