IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Gladys, I'll stick with fudge - and and that's being generous.

to fudge - 'present or deal with (something) in a vague or inadequate way, especially so as to conceal the truth or mislead.'

'to conceal the truth or mislead' of which 'they' have been guilty from day 1, from the WHO to Fauci to the selctive graphs Johnson has presented.

I am not sure which side I back on this.

The majority know that passing with is not necessarily passing from Covid within 28 days. 

However, there have also been case of people who died from Covid but after 28 days and therefore not included in the figures.

In spite of Quayle saying in Tynwald this week that we wouldn’t be getting digital passports, after speaking to Gove at Hillsborough, and me paying my GP £20 for a GP letter/vaccination certificate.

Perhaps he was just referring to requiring one under regulations to get into pubs/clubs/events? We clearly need one for the IOM border and for international borders. And once it exists it won’t be long before venues will want it, to comply with H&S or insurance requirements.

Juan Watterson SHK has just posted/tweeted

Digital approach to demonstrating vaccination status

The final stages of planning are underway to provide Isle of Man residents with access to their COVID vaccination certification for travel, via the UK NHS App.

The UK NHS App will be the only electronic vaccination status certificate supported by Isle of Man Government which is expected to be internationally recognised for residents.

The development has been progressed by Government’s COVID Response team to ensure Island residents can demonstrate they have completed the two dose course of vaccination when travelling abroad. The app is also intended for use at ports of entry to the Isle of Man, in line with proposed changes to the Island’s border restrictions.  

The Department of Health and Social Care, via Manx Care, will share all vaccination data with NHS UK for its sole and specific use on the NHS App, therefore not for any other purpose. Once the data is received, residents will be able to view their vaccination certificate in digital format on the app, or obtain a hard copy letter if required. Residents who do not wish to participate will be able to opt-out of the process, and further details on this will be released shortly.

Residents are strongly encouraged to use the electronic vaccination certification as the primary method to support international travel, but those who are unable to do so can request evidence of their vaccination status in letter form, prior to travel.

Residents will still need to follow other rules when travelling abroad, which may include providing a negative pre-departure test. Anyone travelling abroad should check the entry requirements of their destination country on the GOV.UK foreign travel advice pages.

Minister for Health and Social care David Ashford said: ’This is positive news for the many people who are anxious to have their vaccination status held in a recognised and secure digital format. Linking into the UK NHS App puts us in a strong position, as it is expected to be widely recognised and accepted. Creating our own system would be less practical, more costly, and in terms of securing recognition among other jurisdictions, very challenging.’ 

He added: ‘There is still some work to do in relation to the final implementation, but we are keen to share our plans at this stage. We will provide further details as soon as possible.’

Information will be added to the Government's COVID-19 Vaccination website pages and in due course, further guidance will be available from the COVID Community Support team.

Island residents are already able to download the UK NHS App. Individuals will need to validate their identity using photographic ID and also provide their NHS number as part of the registration process. The NHS number is on each person’s NHS record card, issued when registering with a GP practice.

The NHS number is also used to register for Patient Access, a free, digital web-based facility which offers Isle of Man patients remote access to their GP records. An additional benefit is that the NHS App also acts as a viewing portal for individuals to see their health information held by GPs. This is only available for those registered for electronic Patient Access.

Residents’ vaccination certificate on the NHS App has no connection to any other database or data collection exercise in the UK. Opting out will be a straightforward process, either from the beginning, or in the future should an individual wish to withdraw.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Infection rate now rising linearly and not exponentially

Hospitalisation rate dropping slightly despite it being nearly a month since infections started to rise. Still no reason to panic

image.png.74e00d5f2fde3ec6f6a3ded41c310b6c.png

Hospitalisation doesn't seem to be dropping I'm afraid.  The latest figure for England is 1057, which is the highest since early May and up from 876 a week before.  Figures for Wales and Scotland (though not NI) are also increasing.

Now this is still pretty low by recent standards and there's no need to go headless chicken about it, but equally running around saying "Nothing to see here!" isn't the right response either.

There's also a rather worrying increase in the number of Covid patients in mechanically ventilated beds to 192 from 116 a fortnight before.  Again still low but an eye needs to be kept on it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The final stages of planning are underway to provide Isle of Man residents with access to their COVID vaccination certification for travel, via the UK NHS App.

That's good news - I was beginning to worry that we wouldn't be able to prove that we'd been vacinated, if that was a requirement for entry to events in the UK. 

Just now, chris4652009 said:

Perhaps they are waiting for the hamster to wake up 

It’s not a massive deal but people will be looking for clarity.  Someone should have pushed a button bang on 4 to publish it.  It really isn’t difficult.

Donsports teams, or private businesses manage to update basic info on their websites in sync with making an announcement? Of course they do.  It is incredibly basic and simple stuff

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Will counter the comment about the website to say that HQ and DA are actually giving good answers to the stupid questions.

Fair play.  I would be losing my s**t with them.

Mind you, they hasn’t finished yet 😂

A thought the same, some totally stupid questions getting asked on this briefing 

They have more  patience than I do lol 

Fair play from Paul Moulton asking for the press conferences to allow the journos in person.

Zoom has ruled people's lives for far too long, no need to use it any more than is necessary.

Edited by Barlow
typo
  • Like 3