IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

For the first time in several weeks I have to disagree with you.  Easyjet have no interest in the Island and flies the routes to suit itself - not us.  Nothing wrong with making money as and when you can but we don't have the luxury of jumping in a car or taking a train as alternatives to be held to ransom, in terms of schedules, by come-and-go operators.  The Island's air-links are too important to be left to the whims of spotty-faced youth in Easyjet's scheduling department.

I don’t disagree with anything you say above.

I fly EJ a lot.

My point really was that they offer a great service & despite their sometimes off peak departure slots are a fab airline (profit & greed aside).

PS - Thank you for agreeing with me on most of the other shite I spout. It’s nice to know there are like minded, intelligent beings here amongst the mutants.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1

Easy jet are spot on. Good service, cheap and excellent web site. I like the early flight from Gatwick as very rarely delayed.

Get the bloody borders open and start testing on arrival FFS. The average deaths in uk are 10 per day. How bloody low does it have to go FFS. Getting a bit pissed off with this now.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, winnie said:

Easy jet are spot on. Good service, cheap and excellent web site. I like the early flight from Gatwick as very rarely delayed.

Get the bloody borders open and start testing on arrival FFS. The average deaths in uk are 10 per day. How bloody low does it have to go FFS. Getting a bit pissed off with this now.

A big few days coming up for Quayle & his cohorts.

Time to shit or get off the pot in terms of where we are going with this madness.

A lot to consider with business travel, hospitality, University students, family, sporting clubs etc all having their circumstances impinged on the back of the likelihood of zero hospital admissions if we were to open up & test properly.

The penny is dropping for many, aside the work shy, stay at home sorts (and those seeking re-election).

Edited by Nom de plume

3 minutes ago, winnie said:

It's all down to fear now! 

Who is going to make the decisions on something we don't fully understand? The world is running scared, most probably pushed along by a population which has been bred to be risk averse? We all knew it would backfire on us one day, and here we are!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Simple - don't let the thieving barstards back.  Time to get airline services that serve the Island; not services that serve the airline.

An airline which uses a well maintained fleet of Airbus should be a minimum requirement though right?

Surely nobody wants to go back to the various horrible crates which Flybe were using. Or, even worse, to the days of Manx Airlines.

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Time to shit or get off the pot in terms of where we are going with this madness.

A lot to consider with business travel, hospitality, University students, family, sporting clubs etc all having their circumstances impinged on the back of the likelihood of zero hospital admissions if we were to open up & test properly.

The penny is dropping for many, aside the work shy, stay at home sorts.

Won’t be anything this week as No Comin, it’s the long bank holidays weekend so no bugger about in government.

although a friend mentioned Alex Alison is providing locum service at Palatine doctors so he at least is pulling his weight and to be thanked.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

That might be so but their service is excellent & a far cry from the early days of the company.

The Island is well served with EasyJet on board.

The longer this hysteria led nonsense pans out, the more chance there is that EJ will pull the pin on us.

In my view EJ only started the flights to the Island to prevent them having aircraft sat at airports incurring fees.  Getting them up in the air on a short hop and carrying some passengers reduces their costs.  They will pull out of the Isle of Man if they find something more lucrative for those aircraft to do.

4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

In my view EJ only started the flights to the Island to prevent them having aircraft sat at airports incurring fees.  Getting them up in the air on a short hop and carrying some passengers reduces their costs.

Those are exactly the sort of logistical gaps which we should be continually exploiting and developing.

19 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

In my view EJ only started the flights to the Island to prevent them having aircraft sat at airports incurring fees.  Getting them up in the air on a short hop and carrying some passengers reduces their costs.  They will pull out of the Isle of Man if they find something more lucrative for those aircraft to do.

Pre Covid, Easy Jet flights to gatwick were nearly always full. Easyjet set the prices, the planes are only on the ground for an hour on iom, so how would they find a more lucrative flight as they had over 300 passengers in less than four hours!! They must make a bomb over the TT and Manx fortnight's as most flights are over £100 each way.

39 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The penny is dropping for many, aside the work shy, stay at home sorts (and those seeking re-election).

Your last point is the most relevant. They will lose a lot less votes by continuing with their cautious baby steps. Don't expect too much over the next through weeks. 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

The concept of taxpayers paying Aurigny to operate Gatters is LUDICROUS and anyone who thinks otherwise is f'ing bonkers.

easyJet are there waiting to come back and fly at usual terms. I imagine Anne & Jez at the airport are fuming at this.

Where does the idea of Iom /Lgw with Aurigny come from? I cannot find any links. 

When Howie was talking about routes with Aurigny, he specifically mentioned LPL and the cost of patient transfer, and possibly saving money long term. No mention of LGW. 

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Where does the idea of Iom /Lgw with Aurigny come from? I cannot find any links. 

When Howie was talking about routes with Aurigny, he specifically mentioned LPL and the cost of patient transfer, and possibly saving money long term. No mention of LGW. 

It's always been known really that Gatwick is their primary target. http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57451

I am 98% positive Loganair are taking on PTS. The London City ATR will then operate Liverpool for PTS and London City during the day on a single return flight.

Aurigny basing an aircraft here for PTS makes absolutely zero sense. If they're going to do PTS,  then their Gatwick timings will be during the day which will be nigh on useless.

Edited by NoTailT

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Liverpool never mentioned, always Gatwick. Read the articles!

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It's always been known really that Gatwick is their primary target. http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57451

I am 98% positive Loganair are taking on PTS. The London City ATR will then operate Liverpool for PTS and London City during the day on a single return flight.

Aurigny basing an aircraft here for PTS makes absolutely zero sense. If they're going to do PTS,  then their Gatwick timings will be during the day which will be nigh on useless.

Ah, ok. So it is only proposed as a temporary arrangement, until the borders are fully re-open. 

This was not mentioned in the interviews the other day (Tuesday iirc).

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Ah, ok. So it is only proposed as a temporary arrangement, until the borders are fully re-open. 

This was not mentioned in the interviews the other day (Tuesday iirc).

It is ignorant of Comin. The fact is that the border policy is the problem not only for air services, but our wider economy.