IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Of course we are. They have been welcoming tourists with test on arrival, release if negative for six weeks, and they have 55 cases and 800+ being contact traced. That was with masks, distancing, and loads of other restrictions we don't have. They are now putting the brakes on. IOM needs to keep a close eye on how it pans out for jersey over the next couple of weeks, and react accordingly, or we will end up in lockdown again.

over 11,000 new cases in uk today, up 50% on 7 days ago. 

And, Banker thinks the above is funny! Unbelievable! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Jersey has 50 active cases at present. We are now looking a lot better than them.

"Changes announced today also see a pause in Jersey's domestic reconnection plans, meaning nightclubs will remain closed until 5 July at the earliest; restrictions on informal gatherings in homes, and standing service in pubs and bars, also remain in place for at least another fortnight."

There are many people travelling to Jersey from the end of June, on the direct flight, and there are direct flights on the return with tourists from Jersey. Cancelled or postponed holidays I envisage. We may as well write off tourism this year, any form of it. Even those people who are fully vaccinated +2 weeks I can envisage restrictions being reintroduced at little notice, if people went across. It really makes you wonder whether politicos or the clinicians really believe in the vaccination process or it’s merely to control its population. 

It would be great if your great politicos and enobled ones, could perhaps negotiate an air bridge to the likes of Jersey? In July Sports clubs are supposed to be going on a charter to Guernsey, will that the halted? 

Edited by 2112

43 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Deaths from Covid are not the issue. A rise in cases is going to be followed by a rise in hospitalisations. If hospitalisations become to high, things like cancer screening and elective surgery will be put on hold again, risking unnecessary premature deaths. Nothing to do with being brave. Nothing to do with deaths from or even with Covid. 

This indian/delta variant has been around what 6/8 weeks. So far that hasn't correlated into hospitalisations. Another of places are starting to try and get back to normal.how long do you propose we wait? The most vulnerable have been vaccinated

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Deaths from Covid are not the issue. A rise in cases is going to be followed by a rise in hospitalisations. If hospitalisations become to high, things like cancer screening and elective surgery will be put on hold again, risking unnecessary premature deaths. Nothing to do with being brave. Nothing to do with deaths from or even with Covid. 

But so far that is not happening. There is bound to be some relationship,  but its expected to be a much lower ratio and the numbers appear to support that.......so far

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Has anyone died in jersey purely from COVID?

I know people think I am callous but DA explained it really well today.

The actual risks are incredibly small, and cases are pretty much irrelevant.

We need a total mindshift and for someone to be brave enough to lead it.  Doesn’t look like it’s jersey, so personally (and lots will disagree) I hope it is us.

Crack on, no streps backward, and I am sure it will all be fine.

The problem with dismissing it all as comorbidities is the very high rate of comorbidities in the general population. Approx 50% in the US.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20043919v1#:~:text=Overall 45.4% (95% CI,) for ages 80%2B years.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

This indian/delta variant has been around what 6/8 weeks. So far that hasn't correlated into hospitalisations. Another of places are starting to try and get back to normal.how long do you propose we wait? The most vulnerable have been vaccinated

Actually, many thousands of us vulnerable are still waiting for our second jabs, plus two weeks, takes us to mid July. Imagine if the virus had not had its two weeks in the sun! 

Oh, and in the uk, hospitalisation is starting to rapidly increase as a result of increasing new cases. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I thought the journo's on today's briefing were embarrassingly poor. We had meaningless questions followed by questions that had been covered in the briefing followed by questions that had been covered in the briefing and previous questions. Absolute waste of space which was then topped by the mighty Moulton himself. Is he using a landline to connect or 3g or something.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Article in today's DT - now don't be in any way surprised, but the data that Johnson and his 2 henchmen spewed forth on Monday was out-of-date and yet, again from this lying bunch of Touregs, selective to the nth degree in what 'they' were prepared to show in the graphs.  The ones they didn't/wouldn't show the GBP would have trashed any argument they had to continue the lockdown.

Lies, damned lies and corrupt statistics provided by YOUR government.

They’re not OUR government 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Actually, many thousands of us vulnerable are still waiting for our second jabs, plus two weeks, takes us to mid July. Imagine if the virus had not had its two weeks in the sun! 

Oh, and in the uk, hospitalisation is starting to rapidly increase as a result of increasing new cases. 

But hospitalisation isn't starting to rapidly increase. Also if you were truly vulnerable you'd be sorted. I'm not vulnerable and have my 2nd jab in 2 weeks so I'd imagine the people who needed it have been sorted and they are getting through the rest of us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I thought the journo's on today's briefing were embarrassingly poor. We had meaningless questions followed by questions that had been covered in the briefing followed by questions that had been covered in the briefing and previous questions. Absolute waste of space which was then topped by the mighty Moulton himself. Is he using a landline to connect or 3g or something.

The Journos are a disgrace, can only ask their planned questions even when the briefing has already answered. Shit they have me doing it. Moulton a poor workman blames his tools. He will be no good on TV dealing with remote interviews. 

Edited by Major Rushen