IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

So,  not really then?

You must see why others are really annoyed?  I feel this is pointless because the demographic of this forum is pretty old? 

Well, thanks for the laughing emoji.

So, not really what?

You haven't explained the 14 day isolation issue.

You haven't explained why the new arrangements don't suit you now. 

But I am sure we will hear exactly why this is all such a terrible thing for YOU. 

Enough now, stop bleating. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, trmpton said:

So,  not really then?

You must see why others are really annoyed?  I feel this is pointless because the demographic of this forum is pretty old? 

I do see why younger folk would be annoyed. But it would seem pointless and a bit mean to stop 2+2's just on a principle. There are not many advantages of getting on a bit so lets all celebrate something. It won't be that long before the o40's are double jabbed as well and 1 test is not the end of the world. 

I would rather be 30 and have to have one test than 60 and not have to bother:rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Hospitalisation doesn't seem to be dropping I'm afraid.  The latest figure for England is 1057, which is the highest since early May and up from 876 a week before.  Figures for Wales and Scotland (though not NI) are also increasing.

Now this is still pretty low by recent standards and there's no need to go headless chicken about it, but equally running around saying "Nothing to see here!" isn't the right response either.

There's also a rather worrying increase in the number of Covid patients in mechanically ventilated beds to 192 from 116 a fortnight before.  Again still low but an eye needs to be kept on it.

Hospitalisations did drop 2 days running this week. Albeit the trend is a rise, that is correct.

If you scale the graph against the worst of the pandemic it looks like this.

Over the last 6 weeks hospitalisations have risen but not to any great extent. This would have been expected (166 to 222 per day) with the significant easing of restrictions.

If the rate of rise in infections stays this way things will be OK as the vaccination programme will dampen it. If it starts to go exponential then we can expect the UK to further delay full opening up.

For the benefit of @Utah 01. This is my graph not Boris's. I agree that UK gov put a spin on things and that's why I work it out from myself. The raw data is submitted by thousands of hospitals and test centres across England Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Now if Boris has got all these people in on his plan to deceive us, he is doing well.

image.png.9e5ea41833d736bb821e7850a72fb02d.png

8 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It wouldn't matter what they did, you'd complain

I congratulated them on the way they handled the press questions only a few hours before you posted this.

No issue at all praising them when they do something well.  I only wish it happened more often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Who's isolating for 14 days?

So if someone comes back from uk with no jab and tests positive on day 1 do they not have to do 14 days? I thought they did, so apologies if I have misunderstood.

If they don’t, why are we bothering making them have a test anyway?

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So if someone comes back from uk with no jab and tests positive on day 1 do they not have to do 14 days? I thought they did, so apologies if I have misunderstood.

How very discriminatory! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes, but typically you’re over estimating the inconvenience and the number affected.

Since testing on 1/6 and iso until negative test, less than 0.05% incoming travellers have tested positive and  had to do 14 days.

Yes, it’s possible, but extremely remote/unlikely

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, but typically you’re over estimating the inconvenience and the number affected.

Since testing on 1/6 and iso until negative test, less than 0.05% incoming travellers have tested positive and  had to do 14 days.

Yes, it’s possible, but extremely remote/unlikely

Yes, it’s possible but unlikely but that still means there are employers who won’t let their staff  do a weekend away unless they book the full time off just in case, which basically means people can’t travel.

It’s also why I said “ you want for no cost and with no short term inconvenience, or potential for 14 days of isolation group?”

I never said there are people who have to do 14 days. I said there are people who if they travel have the potential to have to do 14 days.  Which is 100% factual and a reason why this system simply doesn’t work for many.

I didn’t castigate the government.  I simply pointed out that a lot of the older people in the fortunate situation of being able to come and go freely are underestimating the issues that are still surrounding travel for the youngsters 

Edited by trmpton

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Yes, it’s possible but unlikely but that still means there are employers who won’t let their sultan do a weekend away unless they book the full time off just in case, which basically means people can’t travel.

It’s also why I said “ you want for no cost and with no short term inconvenience, or potential for 14 days of isolation group?”

I never said there are people who have to do 14 days. I said there are people who if they travel have the potential to have to do 14 days.  Which is 100% factual and a reason why this system simply doesn’t work for many.

I didn’t castigate the government.  I simply pointed out that a lot of the older people in the fortunate situation of being able to come and go freely are underestimating the issues that are still surrounding travel for the youngsters 

Employers have no right to ask how or where you’re employees are spending their weekend off.

You're making several artificial mountains out of a very small molehill to suit your extreme get rid of everything position.

2.25 is a bold step.