IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

How very discriminatory! 

Well, it is a fact that it is a concern and issue for people who can’t afford or aren’t even able to take that time off work, that isn’t there for the double jabbed.

Not discrimination (I don’t think I ever said it was?) but a contribution to why some people feel the current system is unfair, which is all I ever said

Just now, John Wright said:

Employers have no right to ask how or where you’re employees are spending their weekend off.

You're making several artificial mountains out of a very small molehill to suit your extreme get rid of everything position.

2.25 is a bold step. 

Well there are defiantly employers who have told staff who might have to do 14 days that they can’t travel as long as that is a risk is there.

I am not making a mountain out of anything.  The discussion was about the way different people feel about these restrictions and the fact is that for the short term some young people rightly feel pretty hard done by.

They have sacrificed lots when there was no risk to them.  In some cases lost fortunes in lockdowns while pensioners weren’t impacted at all, and now still can’t travel while Bert and Doris can come and go as they please.

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Well, thanks for the laughing emoji.

So, not really what?

You haven't explained the 14 day isolation issue.

You haven't explained why the new arrangements don't suit you now. 

But I am sure we will hear exactly why this is all such a terrible thing for YOU. 

Enough now, stop bleating. 

Where have I said the new rules don’t suit me?  I haven’t.  I am highlighting why some other people don’t like them

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Where have I said the new rules don’t suit me?  I haven’t.  I am highlighting why some other people don’t like them

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Well there are defiantly employers who have told staff who might have to do 14 days that they can’t travel as long as that is a risk is there.

I am not making a mountain out of anything.  The discussion was about the way different people feel about these restrictions and the fact is that for the short term some young people rightly feel pretty hard done by.

They have sacrificed lots when there was no risk to them.  In some cases lost fortunes in lockdowns while pensioners weren’t impacted at all, and now still can’t travel while Bert and Doris can come and go as they please.

You dont half duck or dive. No evidence. And I'm sure all these people who feel its not right for them can vocalise their thoughts/feelings without your assistance.

You're sounding more and more like the Dickensian employer who tries to impose these unreasonable and arbitrary demands on his employees. Constructive unfair dismissal claims loom.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So if someone comes back from uk with no jab and tests positive on day 1 do they not have to do 14 days? I thought they did, so apologies if I have misunderstood.

If they don’t, why are we bothering making them have a test anyway?

If they tested positive wouldn't you want them to isolate then?

7 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

If they tested positive wouldn't you want them to isolate then?

Not arsed.  I would rather do away with testing and just let them come and go to be honest.

it’s not the point anyway.  I said people might have to isolate and you said they didn’t.  You were wrong

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You dont half duck or dive. No evidence. And I'm sure all these people who feel its not right for them can vocalise their thoughts/feelings without your assistance.

You're sounding more and more like the Dickensian employer who tries to impose these unreasonable and arbitrary demands on his employees. Constructive unfair dismissal claims loom.

Where is the ducking and diving?  I won’t be naming names but phone a few of the big hotels on island and ask if their staff have been told they need to book any potential isolation time off before risking travel.  Likewise childcare facilities .

And why do I sound like a Dickensian employer for pointing out the fact that some businesses are doing that?  We don’t.  I don’t give a toss what people do, but others are.

Edited by trmpton

Just now, trmpton said:

Where is the ducking and diving?  I won’t be naming names but phone a few of the big hotels on island and ask if their staff have been told they need to book any potential isolation time off before risking travel.  Likewise childcare facilities 

13 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Not arsed.  I would rather do away with testing and just let them come and go to be honest.

it’s not the point anyway.  I said people might have to isolate and you said they didn’t.  You were wrong

Er....no.

I asked you who is isolating for 14 days.  No one is. Unless they test positive.  Which is highly unlikely.

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Er....no.

I asked you who is isolating for 14 days.  No one is. Unless they test positive.  Which is highly unlikely.

What? No one?

2 people today, presumably plus their households.

7 this time last week.

if we count those low figures as “no one” then “no one” has actually sided from or with COVID on island when deaths are averaged out since it began.

In fact, it would be less than no one.

10 minutes ago, trmpton said:

What? No one?

2 people today, presumably plus their households.

7 this time last week.

if we count those low figures as “no one” then “no one” has actually sided from or with COVID on island when deaths are averaged out since it began.

In fact, it would be less than no one.

You're getting hysterical again.

• Haha 1