IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That should drive a wagon and horses through any regard a percentage of the population might have had for observance of the relevant restrictions.

Do Howard & Co. not realise that people are looking to them to set an example in their public office positions?

Plenty of people defending him on social media.  These idiots really can do no wrong in lots of peoples eyes.

Scary really

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It isn’t. It all about him! Me Me and Me. I’m HRH The Chief Minister and I’ve got a CBE.

Pathetic really. Couldn’t he have followed his own guidelines? No, that’s not good enough. The GMP are throughly fed up, and have pulled together, and put up with the endless rules, regulations and Ashies nonsense. 

Nothing but a attention seeker. Thank god he is going. 

Hospice had arranged the setting.  It wasn't an issue.

Not good optics though is it? Most people only read the headline, they won’t bother to read the article that explains the circumstances. So it comes across as one rule for us and one for him. I would have thought that the army of PR consultants might perhaps have pointed that out to HRH and advised caution. Maybe they did and he went anyway. It’s not a good look. 

Edited by Itsmeee
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That’s alright then ………………. 

Hospice are creating policy then? Or are the Chamber of Commerce creating policy?

It is an issue. He is the Chief Minister, he is in charge of the Council of Ministers who created policy and rules. It’s not negotiable or pick n mix what rules to obey. It’s law.

So he is allowed to obey one rule and ignore another? 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Not exactly advisable though is it?  Just shows a total lack of awareness of what other people will think.

Absolute idiot.  If it was a private business he would be hauled over the coals if not made to step down

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Not good optics though is it? Most people only read the headline, they won’t bother to read the article that explains the circumstances. So it comes across as one rule for us and one for him. I would have thought that the army of PR consultants might perhaps have pointed that out to HRH and advised caution. Maybe they did and he went anyway. It’s not a good look. 

It is an issue IF he is breaching the law. It's fairly stupid and actually quite selfish from Quayle. He didn't need to attend this event.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That really is hysterical nonsense.

Predictable.

Its show appalling judgement and a total lack of regard for the general public.

His government sent blokes who stopped for a sandwich to prison when they were wearing masks.  

He should be aware enough to be doing absolutely nothing that can provoke any criticism at all.  He cant even do that right.

He cant have possibly thought this was a good idea?

In his position are you honestly saying that you wouldn't have though - hang on, it might be best not to, just because of the public perception and all that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Predictable.

Its show appalling judgement and a total lack of regard for the general public.

His government sent blokes who stopped for a sandwich to prison when they were wearing masks.  

He should be aware enough to be doing absolutely nothing that can provoke any criticism at all.  He cant even do that right.

He cant have possibly thought this was a good idea?

In his position are you honestly saying that you wouldn't have though - hang on, it might be best not to, just because of the public perception and all that.

I'm not sure the perception of a few hysterical Facebook Karens is massively  important.   

This reminds me of the hysteria over Broadway.  It's a very small mental vocal minority who literally cannot go a day without being outraged about nothing at all.  A load of Angry from Onchans

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'm not sure the perception of a few hysterical Facebook Karens is massively  important.   

This reminds me of the hysteria over Broadway.  It's a very small mental vocal minority who literally cannot go a day without being outraged about nothing at all.  A load of Angry from Onchans

So if you were him would you have done the same?  

4 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I dont see why not given all the factors.

You don’t think given the circumstances, the obvious public scrutiny (that he signed up for) it would have been wiser to decline?

Fair enough.  I and most other people disagree and think mr CBE should have turned His brain on and sent a representative and just explained it was more sensible to stay at home.

I doubt anyone would have disagreed with him.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You don’t think given the circumstances, the obvious public scrutiny (that he signed up for) it would have been wiser to decline?

Fair enough.  I and most other people disagree and think mr CBE should have turned His brain on and sent a representative and just explained it was more sensible to stay at home.

I doubt anyone would have disagreed with him.

Think "most" people simply don't care.

The circumstances present no risk.  Hospice drove it and the thing took place away from patients and staff.   Add to that he's been vaccinated twice and tested.

If you're arguing from a risk perspective that goes against absolutely everything you spout on here all day every day.

• Like 2