IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Think "most" people simply don't care.

The circumstances present no risk.  Hospice drove it and the thing took place away from patients and staff.   Add to that he's been vaccinated twice and tested.

If you're arguing from a risk perspective that goes against absolutely everything you spout on here all day every day.

I agree. There was zero risk.

There was zero risk when the joke went swimming.  Zero risk when the welders wore masks to Tesco.  Zero risk when someone stopped for petroleum on the way back from the boat.

There is stuff all risk to anyone from COVID anymore but that isn’t the point.

There is no risk from me going to the UK tomorrow and coming home and going to the pub the same night but I can’t do it, and wouldn’t want to be seen to be doing it.

In Howard’s position he should have the brains to realise that this was going to wind people up whether there is a risk or not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I agree. There was zero risk.

There was zero risk when the joke went swimming.  Zero risk when the welders wore masks to Tesco.  Zero risk when someone stopped for petroleum on the way back from the boat.

There is stuff all risk to anyone from COVID anymore but that isn’t the point.

There is no risk from me going to the UK tomorrow and coming home and going to the pub the same night but I can’t do it, and wouldn’t want to be seen to be doing it.

In Howard’s position he should have the brains to realise that this was going to wind people up whether there is a risk or not.

I dont think Howard should have to sink to the level of the lowest common denominator Karens.  Those people need shooting.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I dont think Howard should have to sink to the level of the lowest common denominator Karens.  Those people need shooting.

No he shouldn't. But it was a silly thing to do. The rule says health care 'setting". Setting being anywhere near in my interpretation. Doesn't say it's ok if you have done a risk assessment or the hospice were ok with it. It was unwise.

Saying that. No harm done. He should admit it was unwise and apologise and everyone should move on.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I dont see why not given all the factors.

Not for the first time, you are completely missing the point either out of mischief or stupidity.

Mr Toad deliberately ignored a rule that he, whether directly or delegated, implemented and then failed to comply with.  The fact that Hospice said it was OK is irrelevant.

It's just another glaring example of the total incompetence of these amateur politicians.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I get the point. I just don't think it's a particularly valid one

If you do get but can't or won't see the problem with it then I fear your logic circuits are blown along with a decidedly toppled moral compass.

• Thanks 1