IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

57 minutes ago, Twitch said:

Hospice receives around £600k pa from Government according to its 2019 Annual Report. Hardly ‘very little’, though in my view it should be increased.

It's not a donation , hospice cover a lot of services on behalf of iom health service

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

True. But totally irrelevant to the issue. 

No it isn't.  A silly comment was made about the Hospice effectively not wanting to upset the CM or civil service.

I pointed out the stupidity of the comment because Hospice simply have zero reason to invite him through fear of repercussions of not doing so.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It's a lot when you consider how little other charities get.

20 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Other charities are not as big and dont provide as much support and services as Hospice does.

You could also argue that Hospice provides a service that should be provided by NHS/Manx Care in the first place.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

I think what lots of people are missing is that Hospice isn’t just a health care setting. He didn’t come into contact with service users or staff providing for them.

Its a big building with lots of non health care areas. 

It’s like saying the boiler room or laundry room at Nobles are a health care setting.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I think what lots of people are missing is that Hospice isn’t just a health care setting. He didn’t come into contact with service users or staff providing for them.

It’s like saying the boiler room or laundry room at Nobles are a health care setting.

That's because  the boiler room or laundry room at Nobles are a health care setting

23 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Have you got an example of this practice on the IOM?

Encouraging is not the same as threatening.

I know someone working within healthcare who has been challenged over her decision not to have the vaccine on an almost daily basis, not just between staff/management but also patients who ask if she’s had the vaccine before being seen, the discussion usually follows that they feel it should be mandatory for every healthcare worker unless it’s on medical grounds. Despite wearing full PPE a few patients have refused treatment because she isn’t vaccinated, so it seems to be a case of get vaccinated or look for another job because it’s causing to many issues.

So the ‘encouragement’ of vaccination is very similar to the public mask wearing at the height of the pandemic when it was a strongly advised ‘should’ rather than ‘must’, it didn’t stop the glares and disgust towards those who chose not to wear them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Irrelevant. The rules he inflicted on everyone are clear. He broke them for a bit of self aggrandisement!!

55 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Are they?

That would be a good arguement for a courtroom. This isn't though is it. It's about whether common sense was missing.

Like I said, it's not the end of the world either way.

Would you say the kitchen on the Ben was a marine environment?

Would you say the kitchen on the Ben formed part of a ship setting. 

We could go on.

• Like 1