IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 6/19/2021 at 11:53 AM, John Wright said:

I think what lots of people are missing is that Hospice isn’t just a health care setting. He didn’t come into contact with service users or staff providing for them.

Its a big building with lots of non health care areas. 

It’s like saying the boiler room or laundry room at Nobles are a health care setting.

I think I would go a step further and say that until the new wing is open, it is not a health care setting but a construction site.

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I think I would go a step further and say that until the new wing is open, it is not a health care setting but a construction site.

Quite. It depends where he went. As long as it wasn’t in patient rooms or treatment areas.

For all the idiots like @Boris Johnson asking about reporting/police/prosecution, please think.

There isn’t an absolute ban on attending health care settings, even less premises, within 10 days of arrival on/return to IOM.

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Quite. It depends where he went. As long as it wasn’t in patient rooms or treatment areas.

For all the idiots like @Boris Johnson asking about reporting/police/prosecution, please think.

There isn’t an absolute ban on attending health care settings, even less premises, within 10 days of arrival on/return to IOM.

To be fair staff aren’t allowed in healthcare settings at all if they have been away.  Even to work on patch panels, boilers, in service rooms etc. On their own with no contact with anybody.

I don’t think there was a real risk in him going.  Doesn’t mean it wasn’t idiotic given the circumstances .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I agree. Once you start saying things like it depends where they were going then questions like the woman stopping for fuel was only standing on an open forecourt arise.

If we’re going to have these rules then they have to apply to everyone. He should have had more sense and if he didn’t then one of his extremely well paid advisors  should have told him. 

You come off the boat. Go home. Get tested. It’s negative. You go out. You’re hit by a car. Are you saying you’ve got to be left at the roadside because you can’t go in the health care settings of ambulances or A&E?

As I say, it’s not absolute. 

But of course it was tone deaf of Quayle to go. I don’t understand how he, and his CS minders didn’t see that. But then they’ve always been tone deaf to mood music and communication.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You come off the boat. Go home. Get tested. It’s negative. You go out. You’re hit by a car. Are you saying you’ve got to be left at the roadside because you can’t go in the health care settings of ambulances or A&E?

As I say, it’s not absolute. 

But of course it was tone deaf of Quayle to go. I don’t understand how he, and his CS minders didn’t see that. But then they’ve always been tone deaf to mood music and communication.

I actually am starting to believe the CS crew do it on purpose so see us all get riled up and pissed off knowing nothing will happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That is it in a nutshell.  The ins and outs of regs and legalities are pretty irrelevant.  

33 minutes ago, trmpton said:

To be fair staff aren’t allowed in healthcare settings at all if they have been away.  Even to work on patch panels, boilers, in service rooms etc. On their own with no contact with anybody.

I don’t think there was a real risk in him going.  Doesn’t mean it wasn’t idiotic given the circumstances .

But is that written in legislation I.e can you be arrested or is it simply their rules for the place? I know some government departments have staff wear masks in meetings but others dont

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

But is that written in legislation I.e can you be arrested or is it simply their rules for the place? I know some government departments have staff wear masks in meetings but others dont

The staff is an instruction within their employment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I stand corrected John, after his first negative test when he returned from Ireland he was okay to go to the Hospice under some conditions which he had.

Still not a very good PR move.

See snip from the current regs below

ETA He should still be reported to the police, its criminal the way he reads out loud 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Boris Johnson

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Interesting thread with Mr Hooper on this. Seems the direction notice 'rules' are not in line with what the law says and a DN 'rule' cannot overwrite the law. Almost like contracting out of law.

It's not as though we haven't seen these inconsistencies before, is it? 

The person who drafted the law should sign off on the guidance.