IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Anyone said:

No shit Sherlock. I saw some Sage nut job was on about this and masks and social distancing being made permanent because it’s for ‘ our own protection’  because we might get some other respitory infection. We might get lots of other nasty infections , we might get run over by a motor car or a zeppelin might plummet from the sky and land on us. Or none of things will happen to most of us. And not the zeppelin thing , I made that up.

Ah I get it.  There is as much chance of being seriously impacted by the delta varient as the is being hit by a zeppelin falling out of the sky like a piece of led 

• Like 1

Well , I was over egging that a bit given that the Germans don’t make them any more. But you get my drift I hope. Last I heard it’s 5 to 12 year olds driving the Delta/ racist Indian variant. Simple , vaccinate them or put them down. The kids not the unfortunate Indians. 

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

No shit Sherlock. I saw some Sage nut job was on about this and masks and social distancing being made permanent because it’s for ‘ our own protection’  because we might get some other respitory infection. We might get lots of other nasty infections , we might get run over by a motor car or a zeppelin might plummet from the sky and land on us. Or none of things will happen to most of us. And not the zeppelin thing , I made that up.

I'd argue that actually, if there was one thing to keep post-COVID, it'd be ill people wearing masks.

Full of a cold? Stick a mask on and save the rest of the office etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'd argue that actually, if there was one thing to keep post-COVID, it'd be ill people wearing masks.

Full of a cold? Stick a mask on and save the rest of the office etc.

And so reduce everyone’s immune systems so that should one of your family bring it home or you contract it elsewhere it’s a bigger deal than it would have been previously ?

No thanks.  Would rather regular exposure to a few germs and viruses thanks

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

It seems likely the island will be hit with waves of respiratory diseases/bugs. 

I've seen accounts from doctors across the UK that they've seen increased levels already of cold/flu following the last easing of lockdown over there. 

As we've been so insular the last 16 months I'm guessing it will be particularly bad here. But we'll have to wait and see.

9 hours ago, trmpton said:

And so reduce everyone’s immune systems so that should one of your family bring it home or you contract it elsewhere it’s a bigger deal than it would have been previously ?

No thanks.  Would rather regular exposure to a few germs and viruses thanks

I think there's something in this.  I rarely get ill when working.  The constant, low-level bombardment of my immune system by the bugs that are in hospitals keeps me healthy.  Soon as I go on leave, I get a cold.  Not every time, obviously, but it seems more frequent than a purely chance association.  This is not something I've just made up either - the increase in childhood asthma and allergies is a related topic, thought by some to be due to overly hygienic practices in the home - the constant bleaching of surfaces means we never eat a bit of dirt, and so our immune systems are over-prepared and react inappropriately.

The odd minor cold or flu-like illness keeps your immune system ready for the biggies, such that when they come along it neither under-reacts (infection kills you) nor over-reacts (systemic inflammation kills you)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I think there's something in this.  I rarely get ill when working.  The constant, low-level bombardment of my immune system by the bugs that are in hospitals keeps me healthy.  Soon as I go on leave, I get a cold.  Not every time, obviously, but it seems more frequent than a purely chance association.  This is not something I've just made up either - the increase in childhood asthma and allergies is a related topic, thought by some to be due to overly hygienic practices in the home - the constant bleaching of surfaces means we never eat a bit of dirt, and so our immune systems are over-prepared and react inappropriately.

The odd minor cold or flu-like illness keeps your immune system ready for the biggies, such that when they come along it neither under-reacts (infection kills you) nor over-reacts (systemic inflammation kills you)

My old Mum used to say you have eat a peck of dirt before you die. 

I am sure there is something in it.  Look at when kids start school, the ones who haven't been to pre-school nursery seem to be continually snuffly.  Are chicken pox parties still a thing? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Preparations for the new border rules next week? 

IMG_0115.jpgIMG_0126.JPGE4e_3vgXEAAzzYy.jpg

That must be a first, all 3 road lining vehicles working together in one place, it would be great to see that much effort spent on the roads around the island and get some of the road markings re-covered as around must places they cannot be seen and are dangerous at a lot of locations. DOI at their best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3