IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Tentative link to this thread but was related to Mr Quayle’s visit to Hospice and his comments about Manx Radio funding.

People are a bit slow on the uptake aren’t they? It surprises me how long it takes for people to suddenly be triggered by a news story and suddenly they all jump on the bandwagon, having seen the recent post by IOM police on Facebook, I can only assume people have taken to reporting Mr Quayle, what an absolute waste of time.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Now it's been announced rhat iom are opening it's borders ro double vaccinated people, what are your opinions of people coming over for a holiday 

I think it’s utterly pointless, the double vaccinated folk can still carry and spread the virus, the border should be open for anyone who wishes to travel whether vaccinated or not.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Now it's been announced rhat iom are opening it's borders ro double vaccinated people, what are your opinions of people coming over for a holiday 

By the time people do that it is likely that the borders will be fully opened to anyone, vaccination or not.  It's only an interim step re 2 plus 2 vaccination. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

By the time people do that it is likely that the borders will be fully opened to anyone, vaccination or not.  It's only an interim step re 2 plus 2 vaccination. 

Holidays start next week. 

The old people coach trips start in next couple of weeks.  I have an old auntie booked on one who is all excited about being mask free in pubs etc.  Staying at a best Western week after next and she has friends on another headed for the Claremont.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s rather embarrassing and extremely unbecoming of a Chief Minister, let alone any Chief Minister of the day, having tantrums and blaming all and sundry. To have a go at the media is rather comical, his PR minders and his train load of entourage, bag carriers, and flunkies must also find his outbursts hilarious. 

It is perception by others and a do as I say not as I do mentality which people are fed up of. The them and us and almost 3 tiered society - one rule for politicos, and preferred suppliers, one rule for civil servants, government employees and government agencies whilst the general plebs are having to obey all the diktats, and if we break the rules we are severely punished - it’s either black or white, no shades of grey. 

HRH The Chief Minister should bow out gracefully or retire on grounds of ill-health, there must a deputy Chief Minister?

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Mrs Quayle? 

That'd be brilliant.  Get rid of one dimwitted imbecile to replace it with someone dimwitted enough to marry a dimwitted imbecile.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

I'm itching to come across but tbh I can see the usual tinpot knee jerk reaction and borders getting shut back down pretty quick, hence I'm holding back on booking anything at the moment :(

Have also seen a few (very few to be fair) idiots posting that they won’t be making people welcome.

Rest assured they are in the minority and the rest of us would welcome anyone who wants to visit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Mrs Quayle? 

I don’t know whether she attended. 

Overall HRH The Chief Minister has a lot of people at his disposal or on the IOMG payroll. No doubt he has handlers, ex IOM newspapers journos who can provide advise. His spat with the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece is a belter - he mentioned taxpayers subvention, which is an unusual departure for Government actually recognising the taxpayer. Is HRH The Chief Minister implying that as IOMG are keeping The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece afloat/alive by form of taxpayers cash, then they have to give HRH The Chief Minister preferrential publicity? 

In other countries this could be viewed as corruption. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

I'm itching to come across but tbh I can see the usual tinpot knee jerk reaction and borders getting shut back down pretty quick, hence I'm holding back on booking anything at the moment :(

I’m off island in mid July by which stage I would have met the 2+2 requirements with time left over. 

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Have also seen a few (very few to be fair) idiots posting that they won’t be making people welcome.

Rest assured they are in the minority and the rest of us would welcome anyone who wants to visit.

There is no need for rudeness, manners and treating people with respect, especially off island visitors cost nothing. You can fleece TT/FOM/MGP visitors with pleasure as most businesses do anyway.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I thought it was law not guidance or guidelines. 

Yes, that was the point - see the Laurie Hooper link above.   The law says no visit to healthcare place unless in an emergency, the guidance allows the managers to give a dispensation. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm not booking anything until I see how the Gov react to the inevitable raise in cases....I really can see borders getting closed again pretty quickly if/when cases rise as predicted 

I'm Hoping to travel across towards the end of August, as said before I'm fully vaccinated and tested twice a week through my profession