IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

The original Manx Radio report seems fair and balanced enough. No sensationalism there:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/quayle-attends-hospice-despite-recent-off-island-trip/

If you look at the article on the Manx Radio news website entitled “MHK questions CM judgement “ it paints a different picture. Sorry can’t provide a link but look it up.

I believe Manx Radio because of the subvention it receives does owe a greater degree of care towards its audience ( taxpayer) than say Energy or 3 fm, although all should avoid rabble rousing which MR seems to be doing in this case.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If you look at the article on the Manx Radio news website entitled “MHK questions CM judgement “ it paints a different picture. Sorry can’t provide a link but look it up.

I believe Manx Radio because of the subvention it receives does owe a greater degree of care towards its audience ( taxpayer) than say Energy or 3 fm, although all should avoid rabble rousing which MR seems to be doing in this case.

But not, as the Chief Minister was insinuating by his tone, to him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

But not, as the Chief Minister was insinuating by his tone, to him.

His tone?
I would rather take content into account than verbal inflections which are open to misinterpretation, or that which the listener ascribes to them according to their own preconceptions or prejudices.

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, that was the point - see the Laurie Hooper link above.   The law says no visit to healthcare place unless in an emergency, the guidance allows the managers to give a dispensation. 

I can see more government managers handing out more dispensations then a pharmacy

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

His tone?
I would rather take content into account than verbal inflections which are open to misinterpretation, or that which the listener ascribes to them according to their own preconceptions or prejudices.

His tone I would say pissed off, haughty and moody. Like the rest of us.

Now that HRH The Chief Minister has been gonged and is basically a lame duck until the election of a new Chief Idiot, the UK is naming the end of COVID-19 restrictions as Freedom Day, perhaps our Freedom Day will come in October when this idiot is no longer in office. What a waste of 5 years.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

His tone?

Sigh. Yes his tone. You've either not listened to it or you're just trolling. I'm going to go with the latter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Sigh. Yes his tone. You've either not listened to it or you're just trolling. I'm going to go with the latter. 

If you could infer anything from Howards tone of voice, it would be along the lines of:-

“ Thank God I’m out of here in the next few months. I won’t have to listen to anymore of these whinging ungrateful idiots for whom I have worked tirelessly, including saving them from the worst ravages of COVID 19”

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

I rest my case.

Double jabbed people aren’t going to be wandering around infecting unvaccinated people and putting them in hospital.  The figures in the UK already show this.  Canada, America, lots of other places are removing all restrictions for the fully vaccinated.  It isn’t some weird Manx only thing.

There is huge amounts of science and statistics behind it.

Chances are you could quite happily spend a whole day out and about with no vaccine in the company of a double jabbed “spreader” and be fine.

A vaccinated case in the presence of a none vaccinated person is very, very unlikely to pass it on.  If they do there are of course far less people for that person to then pass it onto - because vaccine.

I would agree with you except for three things. 

1, Only just over 1/3 of our population had been double jabbed. Just under 2/3 single jab. That leaves an awful lot of unvaccinated and partially vaccinated people who are vulnerable. On top of that, those over 75 and high risk infirm are still high risk even with two jabs. 

2, UK infection rates are again rising exponentially. Their vaccination program is further ahead. Approximately four times as many people have had the virus there compared to here. On top of that, they have masks, distancing and loads of other restrictions in place. And it is still spreading like mad. That will leave us in a very bad state if the virus gets into the community here with the current lack of restriction.

3, Children are most at risk of catching it now. It does not affect them as badly as adults. In fact they often have no symptoms (although all five kids I know who had it over here were all symptomatic). The problem is they go home to parents and grand parents, many who are unvaccinated, part vaccinated and waiting for protection to build up, or fully vaccinated and waiting for protection to build up. 

We are nearly there, but not quite yet. Blame it partly on the two week holiday, partly on the playing about with vaccination schedule, or the tardy start. It does not matter. We are well and truly behind. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If you could infer anything from Howards tone of voice, it would be along the lines of:-

“ Thank God I’m out of here in the next few months. I won’t have to listen to anymore of these whinging ungrateful idiots for whom I have worked tirelessly, including saving them from the worst ravages of COVID 19

The worst ravages of covid 19 have been fucking lockdowns, of which he has presided over three.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The worst ravages of COVID 19 have been mass death rates. “Fucking lockdowns” have avoided those.

Its not like any other countries have implemented lockdowns is it?

Sigh. They were culpable in the circumstances that lead to two of them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

His tone?

You do understand that the majority of communication comes from things like tone, inflection, body language? The words are relatively way down the list.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The worst ravages of COVID 19 have been mass death rates. “Fucking lockdowns” have avoided those.

Its not like any other countries have implemented lockdowns is it?

There haven't been 'mass death rates'. There has been some excess death.

• Thanks 2