IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Yes it does. If you have previously registered with TNS you just complete the landing form, quoting your RR no.

No. You also have to fill in the vaccination form. That doesn’t replace the RR form. It sits side by side 

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

What a lot of faffing about.

And you’d have thought the Cabinet Office PR Team would have given Kev a hand with his informercial .

The Cabinet Office PR Team are the only people who can make Quayle appear an even worse speaker than he actually is.  So any 'help' from them is hardly going to improve things.

• Like 3

I still have no bloody idea what I need to leave and return? Is my vaccination card sufficient or do I now need to apply for a visa to visit the UK? It certainly is beginning to look like a bureaucratic heaven for the government and the CS!

This is something which I believe will be with us forever, governments seldom give up control when they have it.  

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I still have no bloody idea what I need to leave and return? Is my vaccination card sufficient or do I now need to apply for a visa to visit the UK? It certainly is beginning to look like a bureaucratic heaven for the government and the CS!

This is something which I believe will be with us forever, governments seldom give up control when they have it.  

It's gonna be carnage!

45 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You don’t have to apply for anything to visit the UK.  To get back there are choices. Depends if you’ve been double jabbed or not.

If you’re double jabbed it’s this

APPLICATION 

You will need to complete the online application form and submit proof of your vaccine status at least 36 hours BEFORE you arrive. We will accept the following as proof of vaccine status (you will need to scan and attach to your application):

NHS England secure paper letter
NHS Scotland secure paper letter
NHS Wales secure paper letter
Bailiwick of Guernsey secure paper letter
State of Jersey secure paper letter
NHS app – PDF or screenshot
Patient Access App – Screenshot
The NHS card issued when you receive your vaccinations, from any jurisdiction in the Common Travel Area
The application form will be available from Monday 28 June. 

If you meet the criteria, an exemption certificate will be issued allowing you to travel to the Isle of Man without the need to isolate or have a test for COVID-19 when you arrive.

Your confirmation email will include a vaccination exemption reference number which you will use to complete your Landing Form.

Also bring a form of photographic identification with you for all adults who are travelling, such as a driver’s licence or a passport

You will only need to apply for vaccination exemption to travel to the Isle of Man once.  You can use the same vaccination exemption reference number  and QR code for any subsequent visits to the Isle of Man. 

LANDING FORM 

Once your exemption request has been approved and you have your unique reference number, you will be able to complete a Landing Form. You can complete this Landing Form up to 48 hours before arrival.

Completion of this form any sooner would invalidate your application which may delay your onward journey on arrival.

Once you have completed your Landing Form you will receive an email containing a QR code, which you will need to present to Port Security Officers on arrival, along with photographic ID. This QR code can either be shown on a mobile device or printed before travel. It is recommended that you carry a printed copy of your QR form when you travel.

Manx residents do not need approval to leave the Island, however they still need to complete either a vaccination exemption or apply for an entry permit to return. Manx residents will be generated a Returning Resident (RR) number when they apply, which is required for the Landing Form. If you have an existing RR number you can use this each time you travel.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You don’t have to apply for anything to visit the UK.  To get back there are choices. Depends if you’ve been double jabbed or not.

APPLICATION 

You will need to complete the online application form and submit proof of your vaccine status at least 36 hours BEFORE you arrive. We will accept the following as proof of vaccine status (you will need to scan and attach to your application):

The NHS card issued when you receive your vaccinations, from any jurisdiction in the Common Travel Area

If you meet the criteria, an exemption certificate will be issued allowing you to travel to the Isle of Man without the need to isolate or have a test for COVID-19 when you arrive.

Your confirmation email will include a vaccination exemption reference number which you will use to complete your Landing Form.

Also bring a form of photographic identification with you for all adults who are travelling, such as a driver’s licence or a passport

You will only need to apply for vaccination exemption to travel to the Isle of Man once.  You can use the same vaccination exemption reference number  and QR code for any subsequent visits to the Isle of Man. 

LANDING FORM 

Once your exemption request has been approved and you have your unique reference number, you will be able to complete a Landing Form. You can complete this Landing Form up to 48 hours before arrival.

Completion of this form any sooner would invalidate your application which may delay your onward journey on arrival.

Once you have completed your Landing Form you will receive an email containing a QR code, which you will need to present to Port Security Officers on arrival, along with photographic ID. This QR code can either be shown on a mobile device or printed before travel. It is recommended that you carry a printed copy of your QR form when you travel.

Manx residents do not need approval to leave the Island, however they still need to complete either a vaccination exemption or apply for an entry permit to return. Manx residents will be generated a Returning Resident (RR) number when they apply, which is required for the Landing Form. If you have an existing RR number you can use this each time you travel.

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You don't need anything to leave I think.

Coming back though, especially with kids, is a nonsense. Have a read through this https://covid19.gov.im/travel/travel-frequently-asked-questions/

It's still vague on how locals leave and return. I have a hospital consultation in July in Liverpool, no links to any of the forms or any sort of clear direction. Just the usual vague rubbish. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's still vague on how locals leave and return. I have a hospital consultation in July in Liverpool, no links to any of the forms or any sort of clear direction. Just the usual vague rubbish. 

Max, it’s really clear. Do you already have resident registration? You could use that and the day 1/6 testing and isolation until negative. Or you can fill out the new 2+2 exemption application, get a vaccination exemption number ( at least 36 hours before  travel ). You upload a photo of your vaccination card, or a screen shot of your immunisation section of patient access or NHS App, or the vaccination certificate from NHS App ( when it appears ).

In either case you have to apply for a landing form quoting either your RR number or vaccination exemption number. You’ll get a QR code you can show when you land.

Assuming PT are dealing with transport for your appointment they’ll deal with it if you get stuck.

You only need to get the vaccination exemption number once. So keep it safe.

You need the landing form each time.

56 minutes ago, John Wright said:

APPLICATION 

LANDING FORM 

Hey let’s all go to the Isle of Man for a staycation , er bugger that let’s go to the Lake District ( or anywhere else in the UK ) instead.

Another scheme devised by civil servants who don’t live on planet earth. Why would any potential tourist faff around with all that when huge swathes of the opposition in the UK offer more without the hassle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Max, it’s really clear. Do you already have resident registration? You could use that and the day 1/6 testing and isolation until negative. Or you can fill out the new 2+2 exemption application, get a vaccination exemption number ( at least 36 hours before  travel ). You upload a photo of your vaccination card, or a screen shot of your immunisation section of patient access or NHS App, or the vaccination certificate from NHS App ( when it appears ).

In either case you have to apply for a landing form quoting either your RR number or vaccination exemption number. You’ll get a QR code you can show when you land.

Assuming PT are dealing with transport for your appointment they’ll deal with it if you get stuck.

You only need to get the vaccination exemption number once. So keep it safe.

You need the landing form each time.

I'm sure it is straightforward as you say John, it's just that looking at it for the first time, there isn't any indication of where you obtain the form, where you upload whatever you need to upload or anything clear, unless I'm just being my usual thick self?

I'd hate to be someone visiting from the UK, I foresee lots of people being sent back by the new 'border force' and lots of free publicity for the island worldwide, again! I'll speak to the patient transfer people on Monday :)