IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

A pilot can be current on many types at any time. Whether the management have arranged working practices to accommodate this is another matter entirely. Currency/recency simply require that you keep your rating valid with checkrides (probably every 6 or 12 months) and actually fly the thing often enough to be legal  to carry passengers.

• Like 1

But as per that very document @Major Rushen herein lies the problem. Aurigny carries a cost base some 22% higher than easyJet.

The data is somewhat skewed because of self-handling in Guernsey as a starter. Across the board they are higher than Flybe were, Stobart is and easyJet ever will be. The report fails to include anyone else e.g. Loganair which is an important benchmark too.

grcosts.PNG

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

He indicated he would address us at the end of August

He did say that but as usual didn't deliver, CoMin decided to have long weekend off after their holidays to Guernsey!! Although as I mentioned yesterday Alex Alison was working as a locum in Douglas.

no CoMin meetings until next week so nothing from Howie until at least next Friday, Guernsey government media conference on their plans for next phase i.e. 24/48 hours isolation for selected countries.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

He did say that but as usual didn't deliver, CoMin decided to have long weekend off after their holidays to Guernsey!! Although as I mentioned yesterday Alex Alison was working as a locum in Douglas.

no CoMin meetings until next week so nothing from Howie until at least next Friday, Guernsey government media conference on their plans for next phase i.e. 24/48 hours isolation for selected countries.

Yes, but Guernsey are saying their next phase will be implemented in October, when the tourist season is completely over. We will probably do similar. Jersey had more to lose from tourism and had to take a shit or bust (literally) approach. So far they have been very luck. I hope it stays that way.

17 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, but Guernsey are saying their next phase will be implemented in October, when the tourist season is completely over. We will probably do similar. Jersey had more to lose from tourism and had to take a shit or bust (literally) approach. So far they have been very luck. I hope it stays that way.

He's the guernsey summary for information, interesting it will be self swabs at ports and release from quarantine as soon as negative with further test after 7 days. God knows when we will even get to same phase Guernsey have been in since 17/08!

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/28/no-firm-timescale-on-moving-to-phase-5c/

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

He's the guernsey summary for information, interesting it will be self swabs at ports and release from quarantine as soon as negative with further test after 7 days. God knows when we will even get to same phase Guernsey have been in since 17/08!

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/28/no-firm-timescale-on-moving-to-phase-5c/

We will get 5B equivalent once the schools are back. As the Guernsey press release says their introduction of 5C could be months away. They won't even receive the equipment for another month. It then has to be installed, set up and tested. Looks like the mooted October won't even happen .