IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm sure it is straightforward as you say John, it's just that looking at it for the first time, there isn't any indication of where you obtain the form, where you upload whatever you need to upload or anything clear, unless I'm just being my usual thick self?

I'd hate to be someone visiting from the UK, I foresee lots of people being sent back by the new 'border force' and lots of free publicity for the island worldwide, again! I'll speak to the patient transfer people on Monday :)  

There are links on each guidance page.

You basically need to so nothing to leave. 

On return i assume you are either double jabbed plus 2 weeks ( and can go down the route of no test) or not in which case you are test day 1 and 6.

You need to complete the relevant entry permit which gives you an RR number for your landing form.  These appear to need to be done 48 hours before.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Does it matter?  What's the panic?

Although there's a few cases so no doubt there will be some panic.

Well it does matter to many . Personally I'm not panicking about it in any shape or form for many different reasons but I do think there should be a commitment to producing daily results if thats what they say they are going to do. 

Edited by Numbnuts

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Well it does matter to many . Personally I'm not panicking about it in any shape or form for many different reasons but I do think there should be a commitment to producing daily results if thats what they say they are going to do. 

I can pretty much guarantee there will be a meltdown on here tomorrow.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Looks like the Covid update for today is lost in the system . Quite telling that they cannot keep up any sort of consistency producing content. 

It will just be another positive travel case, I wouldn’t worry because once double jabbed come we don’t need to worry about positive cases or tests  any more.

Edited by Annoymouse

DA said we should stop focusing on cases, but cases are still announced.  At what point do we stop expecting this daily update?

After we have had 2+2 for all, for say 14 days, they should stop reporting and concentrate on hospital admissions. That doesn't mean the figures won't be monitored, but it would be from a pure public health perspective.  That is, is there anything to alert the public to so that they can change their behaviour and risk approach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

DA said we should stop focusing on cases, but cases are still announced.  At what point do we stop expecting this daily update?

If Ashford said that then its probably wise to pay a little more attention to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

I'm interested what contingencies they have in place for the numbers that will be isolating. Jersey has over 1,000 people currently in isolation. That must have an impact on businesses etc. 

Isolations should disappear as tests stop.  Covid will just be a part of every day life and most people won't know they have it or will simply have mild symptoms.

• Like 1