IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

If you don’t have a smart phone you can or don’t want to risk a digital certificate on your phone/tablet you can use your laptop or PC to get a .pdf on the web site to download and print. It has a bar code instead of a QR code. If you or family can’t manage that you can order one via 119 in England. 

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

OK.  I know I shouldn't ask this question - but here goes...

Why does the .gov.im website (or at least the link Boo Gay'n has provided) refer to a "NHS England secure paper letter" rather than to a "NHS England Covid pass letter", which is what NHS England appear to call it?  Or are they different?

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

OK.  I know I shouldn't ask this question - but here goes...

Why does the .gov.im website (or at least the link Boo Gay'n has provided) refer to a "NHS England secure paper letter" rather than to a "NHS England Covid pass letter", which is what NHS England appear to call it?  Or are they different?

You’d better ask DHSC/ManxCare. Or David Ashford. Don’t actually expect a meaningful answer. But I understand they’re one and the same thing.

Do you know John, it would actually be more about the moral and ethical leadership of the DHSC over the last few years.

I never suggested him kissing anyone.

He may have 90 days left in his current position but my concerns are what comes next. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

Do you know John, it would actually be more about the moral and ethical leadership of the DHSC over the last few years.

I never suggested him kissing anyone.

He may have 90 days left in his current position but my concerns are what comes next. 

He’s not going to resign whilst that action might affect re-election chances. If he stands. 

Gone are the days of moral and ethical leadership by politicians. Here or across. The last three I can think of there were hounded and ridiculed by the mainstream media.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

You’d better ask DHSC/ManxCare. Or David Ashford. Don’t actually expect a meaningful answer. But I understand they’re one and the same thing.

Ta.  I shan't waste my time.

Seems spectacularly daft when giving advice to (presumably) UK residents to advise them to obtain a NHS England document XXX when it's known in the UK as a document YYY.  I suppose it's too simple and direct to use the same name... 

35 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He’s not going to resign whilst that action might affect re-election chances. If he stands. 

Gone are the days of moral and ethical leadership by politicians. Here or across. The last three I can think of there were hounded and ridiculed by the mainstream media.

If he had a shred of decency, he won't stand.  Even today he was trumpeting that the two week vax hiatus was justified and the 'plan' had worked, accompanied by some vague waffle about uncertain lines of supply, blah, blah, blah. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Without social distancing and face coverings the island is going into a huge sh1t storm over the next couple of months when the free for all happens after this weekend.

Feel free to quote this, so as  to confirm what has happened come September/ October 2021

Edited by Boris Johnson

30 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Without social distancing and face coverings the island is going into a huge sh1t storm over the next couple of months when the free for all happens after this weekend.

Feel free to quote this, so as  to confirm what has happened come September/ October 2021

I really can't see a reason for a sh1t storm. Most over 20 have been vaccinated. Sure, the virus is coming and will spread,  but few will really suffer. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I really can't see a reason for a sh1t storm. Most over 20 have been vaccinated. Sure, the virus is coming and will spread,  but few will really suffer. 

No they haven't, not both jabs that is required to fight off the Indian variant.

The island is walking into a big problem because we are too vain? To wear face coverings and don't want to social distance because we are not used to it because we were very lucky the last 18 months.

We seem to think that opening up means back to as it was 2 years ago, it will not be like that for many years, if ever, we need to take precautions, mark my words.

• Sad 1