IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

37 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

How is it possible that any vulnerable people haven't had their 2nd jab? I've got my 2nd one next week and I'm not vulnerable

What age are you Thommo?

There are two vulnerable groups, clinically extremely vulnerable and those aged 16-64 with underlying conditions. IoMG announcements tend to be blurry and confuse the two.

CEV were vaccinated In priority 4 along with 70-74 year olds. UC are in priority 6 and were vaccinated along with priority 5, 65-69 year olds. I’m CEV and had my  doses on 13 March and  22 May, because my GP forgot to send my details. 

Anyway, interesting table.1075C8B5-BDF2-4838-90BE-85048C9DACD8.thumb.jpeg.2dfd6a04faeaf5a0a4829101031f4ebd.jpeg

Just now, John Wright said:

What age are you Thommo?

There are two vulnerable groups, clinically extremely vulnerable and those aged 16-64 with underlying conditions. IoMG announcements tend to be blurry and confuse the two.

CEV were vaccinated In priority 4 along with 70-74 year olds. UC are in priority 6 and were vaccinated along with priority 5, 65-69 year olds. I’m CEV and had my  doses on 13 March and  22 May, because my GP forgot to send my details. 

Anyway, interesting table.1075C8B5-BDF2-4838-90BE-85048C9DACD8.thumb.jpeg.2dfd6a04faeaf5a0a4829101031f4ebd.jpeg

I'm 38 john

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

That's strange. I cant see how you could possibly be having your second jab so soon. I'd keep it quiet if I were you😁

I'd happily let someone have it who needs it more, like I say it's strange that there are vulnerable people out there who haven't had the 2nd jab

10 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'd happily let someone have it who needs it more, like I say it's strange that there are vulnerable people out there who haven't had the 2nd jab

Well, we had a two week hiatus, no one jabbed. And not everyone is as punctilious as you. Some have dragged feet in registering for jab one.

Pity that they only refer to the first jab and not how many of each group have had their second, so are fully vaxed.  My kids, both in their 20s, will have their second in the next three weeks or so, so Thommo you are not out of kilter. 

13 hours ago, Apple said:

That can and will  lead to malign influence and corruptions in my view. Are we there yet ? 

“After five years, the biggest casualties of Brexit are in plain sight. Integrity and decency in public life are crumbling. Because so much of the case for Brexit is false, the political modus operandi of the Brexiters, now dominating our political culture, has become a refusal to accept responsibility for mistakes, overclaiming, deceit and sometimes outright lies to justify the unjustifiable. Once the electorate can no longer trust what they are told, democratic debate is denied. We have been robbed of a core right of citizenship”.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/case-for-brexit-built-on-lies-five-years-later-deceit-is-routine-in-our-politics

Edited by code99
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Introduction of same sex marriages?

Introduction of hate crime legislation?

Measures to to reduce carbon emissions ?

Addressing human slavery issues?

etc etc

The fact those things and more have been collectively legislated doesn’t mean that individual ministers have given moral or ethical leadership or been willing to take individual responsibility.

Its an uneasy dichotomy. Hard to square.

But I suspect it’s down to changing society outlook, in every case, and politicians playing catch up, and courting electorates.

Previously Marginalised groups, in the community, have become very successful at lobbying and raising profile and wide societal acceptance of the need for societal change  and environmental issues.

Theres still a way to go, on many issues. For instance churches being allowed, if they wish, to perform same sex unions. Interesting statements this weekend from the Bishop of Liverpool and in the address by the incoming President of the British Methodist Connexxion at the Methodist Conference. Other recent  examples are Marcus Rasford on school meals and the tree preservation petition.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I dont think you need to do that. Like @John Wrightcorrectly states they must have allowed folks from the lower priority groups to fill the gaps left by O50s and upwards not coming forward.

It's a small number. 142 out of 7900 in next weeks plan.

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I dont think you need to do that. Like @John Wrightcorrectly states they must have allowed folks from the lower priority groups to fill the gaps left by O50s and upwards not coming forward.

It's a small number. 142 out of 7900 in next weeks plan.

It’s a long time ago, but my memory is that in late April online registration was opened to everyone under 50.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s a long time ago, but my memory is that in late April online registration was opened to everyone under 50.

I think it must have been early May as I only got my call 28th April and I'm o55.  But yes it must be something like that. You could register but you were not prioritised unless you were called @thommo2010

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think it must have been early May as I only got my call 28th April and I'm o55.  But yes it must be something like that. You could register but you were not prioritised unless you were called @thommo2010

Over 55 yeat old were called way before end of April.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits